Our First ...Drum Roll Please ... WEEK-END BLING

Show us your stuff!

SB4113.JPG

Avon

SB4125.JPG

Signed MX233

SB4128.JPG

Germany

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I picked up a sterling lot this week

2-post 5-31-14 005.JPG

925 JH Taxco

4-post 5-31-14 008.JPG

Norway Ivar Holt Sterling

3-post 5-31-14 007.JPG

Denmark N. E. From, sterling

1-post 5-31-14 003.JPG

Calla Lily flowers, only marked Sterling, no artist unfortunately & 118 grams for the set

DW

Photobucket

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Wonderful pieces DW.  I especially like that Norway piece ... but then again ... that necklace and brooch ... but then again ... oh well, wonderful pieces DW!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Lovely pieces, DW!

I especially like the lines of the Holt blue enamel brooch,  ... really unusual, and the  attention to detail with those "dots" under the enamel, almost like air bubbles in water, very eye catching. 

That NE From set is very nice as well. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Here is a Victorian bracelet that I got a good few years ago, the inlay work is very intricate, with three different colours of gold.  

9ctbracelet.JPG

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Spectacular debut heart
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Got a couple of things today, but this is the only one photoragphed yet.  The yellow and brown one I bought here and believe the seller came to the "old" board and was told that it was a 

D & E but I no longer have the info, and haven't checked the DJJ site or my books.   Anyway, today the blue and green showed up for fifty cents!  If anyone knows definitely that it is (or isn't) that would help, but otherwise I'll check.

100_1503.JPG 

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

love that bracelet Arlene!

Here's something wierd, the posts show up in reverse order, newest to oldest in this thread.  I was sitting here thing 'DW posted stuff? What am I missing here'.  Scrolled down and voila!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

you can change your settings.  See http://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones-Board-Group/Welcome-to-the-Jewelry-amp-Gemstone-Categ...

and the thread below it from DW

Kay
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

There is additional learning curve information on this topic:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones-Board-Group/I-am-so-confused/gpm-p/21321666

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Lovely items Ladies !!!

Kay, I do believe they are D&E. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Thanks, Cali.  That's what I remember, but have to pin  down where they are before putting them in the D & E thread.  It's neat to have the two different colors.

Kay
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Got it, and fixed it, thanks!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

three more things photo'd,

gold and  blue spinel ring I've held onto for a while, really like the fluid design

blue spinel gold ring front.jpg

this is still a keeper, sweet rose gold ony victorian ring, not makred to gold but its been resized over the ages. Ive got a thing for rose gold!

rose gold onyx ring side.jpg

and a Judith Jack sterling find

Judith Jack onyx ring 1.jpg

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I picked up 3 flats here is one of them, I am sure I will be posting questions when I get the time.

flat 002.JPG

As I stated on the "old" board I came across an old scrap book dated late 30's early 40's. This was in it and it made me chuckle, so I thought I would share..

postcards 010.JPG

NOTE....in his hand  "Southern Dairies Ice Cream"

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 15 of 18
latest reply