cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions please on 3 items Age, origin etc Thank you for helping

No markings, of couorse  Is this old?  The bottom goes around your wrist and then it fits in under the flower part and you clamp it in to stay put   I was thinking it looked like it was early 1900's........   Kinda neat

new jewelry 002.JPGnew jewelry 003.JPGnew jewelry 001.JPG

This item tested positive for silver content but I don't know the purity  Not marked either  It needs a few jump rings  Is this old and European?  Should I fix to sell or leave it as is   I hate to put it in the scrap pile (that's probably the hoarder in me, lol)

new jewelry 004.JPGnew jewelry 005.JPGnew jewelry 006.JPG

Same as last item on this  Tested positive for silver content   He is missing one antenna and his wing came undone  Fix?  Is this also European and older?   I can' tell by the simple c clasp on the back  Nice size on this item 

new jewelry 008.JPGnew jewelry 009.JPGnew jewelry 010.JPG

Let me know what y'all think  Any help is much appreciated   Thank you in advance  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Opinions please on 3 items Age, origin etc Thank you for helping

Hi Gauntlett,

If the filigree bracelet is just missing a few jump rings, I would say fix it if you can do it yourself, unless it needs soldering by a jeweller, in which case that becomes another issue ($$), and then I would say sell "as is". To scrap it would be a final resort .... mainly because the weight of it is probably so little that you can almost certainly sell it for more as jewelry, even broken jewelry.

Filigree is produced in so many different regions, that it's very hard to pin down a location without a mark. Yes, it could be European, but without a mark, it's just speculation, unfortunately.

That first bracelet is really neat. That particular style was made in the Victorian period and also later during the Victorian Revival period in the 20th century. I can't make out the details on yours to call it, but maybe someone else here will be able to help out and pin down a date.

As for the butterfly,  that one is "toast", and probably needs to go into the scrap pile. Sad but true, the cost of the repairs would probably only be the worth of the item, and the fact that it would have been repaired would limit interest.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

PS you probably know this already, but check filigree items very, very carefully for tiny marks, they can look like little nicks in the silver that is how small they can be, the Portuguese are notorious for tiny hallmarks. Torture to see.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi, Please show a picture of the back of the clasp---also---is the bracelet brass, goldtone or goldfilled? Regards, Pat

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Doh. I forgot. I will add a pic of the pin and besides the two silver filigree. The Victorian style bracelet is silver in color but not in content. It doesn't magnetize and I don't know what it could be. I don't see any evidence of brass Thanks for all the help
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

new 001.JPGnew 003.JPGnew 004.JPG

a few pics of the back as requested  ty for the help

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

The lightweight square plaque center back looks like it could Middle Eastern /Israeli. Maybe try cleaning with a soft cotton cloth to see if a faint mark is revealed?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Ok. I'll try that and let ya know. Ty for all the help!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I love the old filigree stuff but its true the butterfly may need to be let go to a better life.

I think the first bracelet is a 60s-ish? victorian revival

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

😞 Thank you

Message 10 of 10
latest reply