cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October Chat Already? Where has the time gone?!?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 126
latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

Re: October Chat Already? Where has the time gone?!?

Awwww..lil Cricket seems to be all excited..wonderin what she`s gonna get to eat! Cute pic!

Glad your finger is feelin better...T kinda had a wound like that years ago when he was trimming some ivy..his middle finger ,left hand got in the way of the clippers.  Course since he had to keep it upright to keep it from throbbing.. he says he got to walk around for awhile giving everyone the 'finger' LOL

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 46 of 126
latest reply

It's funny or weird but every time I use scissors I am worried about my fingers getting in the way So odd @fredi*frogi I will NEVER even attempt to use that device! Wicked! Hope ya git better way soon whew Makes me weak just thinking' about it
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 47 of 126
latest reply

(((Freddi and Sarah)))  So sorry for your injuries.

Life is very quiet here so haven't checked in much!  We have not had any rain in over a month and my zoysia is just crispy because of the drought.  At last, we are getting cool enough weather to wear long pants and a sweater in the AM.

Hope everyone is well after the bad coastal weather!

Carol

Message 48 of 126
latest reply

Morning!   Hi ya Peach...I think we`ve all been kinda quiet lately.  Is cool here this morning too..am waiting for the grass to dry a bit more so I can mow & get that over with. 

JJ is back to normal..he finally ventured back into the den last nite & curled up in my lap to sleep

( yes...for a while I was kinda antsy  lol couldn`t help but be) 

Gonna be a wonderful weekend here, weather wise, so finally headed to a couple outdoor flea mkts in Columbia.  Have not been since late spring as  it was just too hot to go to them. 

Looks like Matthew still wreaking havoc now in the northeastern part of state with flooding from all the rain they had  up in NC from it.  Lots of people have lost so much..just makes ya feel totally helpless Cat Sad

Anyhoo...everyone have a good day Cat Very Happy 

Message 49 of 126
latest reply

She's a nosy lil thing, that's for sure! HAHA

We got rain today, not much, but some. I think we got just enough to tick off the farmers while they are harvesting! LMAO

GG, I can't tell you how many squares I've cut with those cutters...thousands? Maybe hundreds of thousands! and this is the first time I've cut myself with them! I have cut myself with regular scissors, but just once! I got back into the hoard room/sewing room yesterday but I was very careful! LMAO my mom suggested Kevlar gloves...I thought she was joking, nope she was not!

I showered this am without covering it and that went ok,but I ripped the scab off while drying off, it looks better, to me anyway, but it's back to throbbing a bit now...sigh...oh well, it will heal soon, I'm sure!

stepdaughter lost her class ring. Took it off in a gas station bathroom to wash her hands, set it on the sink and forgot about it. Sigh. Someone is going to enjoy that $600 ring. I sure hope whoever has found it brings it back to her! I know it's real sterling silver and the center stone is real...so it is pawn-able. Hubby says he's not paying for another one. I said neither am I. If she can't take care of the one she's got, she's not responsible enough for a second one. I suppose that makes me a c r a p p y stepmom, but I don't care. I lost my class ring too and had to buy my 2nd one myself. Shoot, our wedding set didn't cost near that much, and I've not managed to lose mine (I did actually lose the engagement ring, but I knew exactly where it was, underneath the kitchen sink, hubby finally told me to take everything out of there and he'd cut the bottom out of the cabinet to get it. Ended up, it had slipped down in between the counter top and the top of the cabinet...it was sitting on the bottom of the cabinet the whole time! HAHA)
Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 50 of 126
latest reply

Fredi, get one of those protective kitchen gloves. DH got me one last year after I did what you did, only with my new vegetable slicer instead of a rotary cutter. It's been a huge help. In the meantime I recommend fingertip bandaids.

flotsamlogo
Message 51 of 126
latest reply

Blue, my mom is getting me a pair of kevlar gloves...i hope they don't bother me too much as I use my hands so much when quilting...I hope i can still move them and hold the template like I need too! I have actually gotten all of the t-shirts cut for this quilt, finished that this morning, now i'm moving on to sewing them together...and so far, knock on wood, I've never actually sewed myself to myself...or the quilt I'm making! HAHA I Just hope my finger doesn't cause too much trouble with sewing!

My mom cut her self with her veg slicer too, and now she refuses to use it without the guard!

This weekend is color tour weekend and for the first time since I can remember I'll not be out traipsing around looking for all the good bargins at all the fabulour yardsales (nor eating my way accross the county! LMAO). I always took this Friday off, but I can't this year and neither can my momma...so sad :(. I won't even be having my normal yardsale, we're having that next to my friends shop (so she can keep her shop open as well). I don't even have much to take up here, lol. I'm not really feeling it this year. Not really feeling much of anything, actually. Oh well, I'll come around...

the good news is stepduaghter had her class ring returned...i'm so glad! Now I'm goign to check out Josten's site to see if there is anything we can do regardin insruance (I doubt it...and other than scheduling it on our homeowners, i dont' know what else we could do...)

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 52 of 126
latest reply

Howdy ho!  Just poppin in to wish everyone a good day & those that are  out hunting...find treasures!  We`re off to 2 flea mkts shortly..have not ben to these since spring as was just too hot. 

fleamarket.gif

Toodles!!

Message 53 of 126
latest reply

Oh my word Freddi !!!! OUCH !!!!! that looks painful. So sorry, you really take your work seriously putting blood and love into it. I hope it heals fast for ya. 

Sarah, OUCH to you too !!! I know how bad those claws can be. I'm sure glad JJ got over being spooked.

Maybe just a nightmare but sure does make ya wonder what they can see and feel that we don't.

I know ,,I know,,you were really just practicing for your halloween costume,,a mummy,,bandages from head to toe right??

Mermaid,,another OUCH,,chock-full-o-nuts,,had forgotten all about that brand. Hope it's just a simple scratch. How did you finally fair through the storm??

Where's Sandy?? Hope things are going ok for her and Chuck..bet she's just busy getting ready to move.

Peaches, How is your mom doing?? Have you found the perfect renter yet??

wavz @ GG

Here,,,Just taking it easy,,Buddy is holding his own right now with the med increase,,just the one seizure.

DH,,has been doing ok,,he just feels faint gets out of breath for every little thing he does.

They both have follow up appts so I'll keep ya'll updated.

Me,,I got CASH 🙂 I found un-claimed money to the tune of 3700.00 but I have to share,,still not bad,,I got enough to pay my property taxes and a little pocket change I'm saving for Christmas 🙂

Gonna buy paint for my craft/ebay/buddy room..It's lavender right now,,so maybe another pastel and re-arrange the whole thing. I don't know why I get a bug up me buttocks when fall comes to re-do everything I call it tidy up the nest season. DH said no that's in spring lol...so what do I call this then?? I asked?

he said : BOREDOM !!  I guess I do get bored easily,,I'm bored with epay and have been for months.

Well I best get on with my day,,making candied apples and carmel apples,,,,have a most spectacular one my joolie buddies ~~~~~~

Julia Child In Paris apartment in 1950

She looks like a giant next to that stove !!!

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 54 of 126
latest reply

Happy Saturday to Everyone!

Message 55 of 126
latest reply

Good news from The Flood rehab.  As of yesterday I have electricity!  They will have to come back when ceiling is done to put basement fixtures in, but everything else works.  Tuesday my furnace gets installed and Wednesday the water goes back on and I get back home.  Still going to be stuff going on downstairs, but I can deal with that.  After 3 months and change with DD, it's about time!

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 56 of 126
latest reply

Jeweled Feline , 

PHEW !!! That did take some time , but finally GREAT NEWS !!! Glad to hear it ! 

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday full of lunching and shopping , and other things that make us happy ! I'm going to have to try to work on listing some today since I blew it off yesterday . Here I go . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 57 of 126
latest reply

Good Morning All.  It's good to see so many running in and out of the chat. 

Well we had "the talk" with all the doctors this last week.  The "quality vs quantity" talk.  Every time we get Chuck's strength on an upward movement they go for some other procedures which pushes him back down.  So finally after this last hospital visit they have admitted: 1.  They don't know how or why the heart took such a drastic turn.  2.  There are no blockages.  3.  He can't go on meds for the heart because his blood pressure tanks, BIG TIME!  4.  At 80 he is not going to get a heart transplant.  5.  With where he is, putting a defibrillator in his heart is not an option.  So we are going back to first base with a few modifications, low salt diet, and high dose of diuretics to keep the fluids off.  It's like I told him, he may never be able to hit a golf ball like he did before, but that doesn't mean that he can't ride around with his son on the golf course and putt around on the greens.  Now that a lot of the fluids are off, his breathing is a lot better and his lungs sound a lot better.  So he asked the doctor "What do you think I'll die of?"  And the doctor said with everything he had gone through he didn't think it would be his heart.  Then they both looked at me sitting over in the corner with my hand raised!  LOL  Dang, you have to keep a sense of humor!    

I have been packing and almost have my "eBay room" packed.  I worked on redoing my spices yesterday!  Been wanting to do that.  I'm pretty sure that this house will be put under contract in the next week or so and we should be totally moving by the end of November.  Been kind of holding off until we knew where we stood with doctors and all.  So after next week we will be back to just his primary and only going in for check-ups, labs, and when there is a problem.

B4B Chuck's shortness of breath drastically improved once they increased his diuretics.  We always associated it with his COPD, but I think it was more of the fluid that had built up around the heart and lungs.  Don't know if that is what is going with your DH, but it might be something to look at.

Well, I'm off to getting a few things done ... waves at all!  pumpkin spice tea is now on the selves!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 58 of 126
latest reply

Happy day
Message 59 of 126
latest reply

Sarah , 

Did you find any treasures at the flea markets ? I didn't go shopping this week so I want to live vicariously through you . 😎 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 60 of 126
latest reply