cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT Misplaced Item

How many of you have ever misplaced or just couldn't find an item you have for sale?

This is about the third time for me.  I have system if I would just use it.

It's so hard when I have to move my stock twice a year from one state to another.  Just hope this customer understands.

I offered her any item in my store double the price of the item she bought, or her money back and a free gift, because I know it's my fault.  Just wondering if it has ever happened to anyone else or am I the only lame brain?  If so how did you handle it?

Carolyn

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: OT Misplaced Item

I've never got to the point of never finding a piece, just misplaced and had to search for a full day.

I can't think of what else you can do, hopefully the buyer is understanding.

Every time I list an item it goes into a box with the rest of my active list items, that has helped.

Good luck Carolyn.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Happened to me 1 time..sold a blouse..could not find it anywhere..searched thru the stacks (at that time is how they were stored).10 times I know, but no luck. I did find one very similar but 1 size difference.  It then dawned on me..I went back thru my past sales & saw the sale for the 1 still in my possesion..apparently I had shipped the wrong one & buyer accepted it..so very much alike they were  

This 2nd buyer was very understanding. That`s when I gutted the closet & put up bars so everything is hanging now  lol 

So you are not alone..it happens

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

I misplaced little things a few times and it took forever to find them.

I now have a standup jewelry armoir and put the things listed into one of the deep drawers.

(probably too small for your sales). I like the idea of putting the listed items in a big box.

I also have one section of a kitchen cabinet for just my small glass/pottery items.  

I think you are being very generous with that offer to your buyer/

TEX
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Well Tex you know I'm just that kinda girl, LOL an old sweetie pie!  I try to treat people the way they should be treated when I mess up.

So just think Tex, if you buy something from me and I llose your item, I would probably triple your cost of replacement because you're my friend, now ain't that sweet!  Go buy something.  LOL

Carolyn

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Yep.  I had a tiny baby doll sold  on another site which I don't get much sales on.  Put that doll up somewhere in a box???   Lady begged me to find it.  I looked, and looked. (I have 2 rooms full of boxes of stuff from a resale shop that I was in).  I had to refund her the money.  I figured when I find it, her baby daughter will be in college (LOL).  Now I have shelves in my living room so when I sell it, it is there on the shelf, not in a box.  Kitty

PS  I will find it when I am looking for something else.

"I'm in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here!"

“You don't have to be crazy to hang out with me, I'll train you.”
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Oh yea, had that happen, more then once.. My problem is If I have to relist too many times, I say "the heck with that, " AND I stach the thing away for another day, and forget it is still listed..! Then it sells and I can't remember where I put it.. The last time I lost one, I refunded the lady and the next day, I found it.. It was a low price item, so I just went ahead and shipped it at no cost to her.. Got a nice thank you e-mail..
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I sometimes find things in the mess on my desk that I have listed that should be already placed in my listed drawer. Scares me every time it happens 😞
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Been there and have done all of this at least once. Sometimes they understand and sometimes.......I always offer to send it free if I locate it and have done so but that has gone unappreciated as well. :(. Oh well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Wel with all the new rules now, I know this one will be late either way with what she decides to do and if I have to refund it will count against me but I am really tired of worrying about all the things that we have to do not to get in trouble and I am going to stop worrying.  If I make it I do and if I fall over the edge , oh well, at least I am trying, I don't know what more I can do.

Carolyn

Ps.  Just like the weather thing that is beyond our control and other things that will now count against us.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

You're on, Lady.....I will buy something from you. (but not for a couple of weeks)

Hey, you're selling that globe too low.

TEX
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Oh, dang! Sorry, folks. (forgot we're not suppose to make comments on live listings).

TEX
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Why not???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@gauntlettgems wrote:
Why not???

Ebay rules & all that.. ya know 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Those rules do not apply in the Groups 🙂