cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juliana Brooch?

Hello to all.  I've been all over the Juliana site and do not see this brooch. Am I just overlooking it or is it another unknown pretty?  Thanks for your thoughts.

1.JPG2.JPG 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Juliana Brooch?

Uh oh!  I'm the one that said it looked like D & E because I had a brooch very similar that was verified Juliana, but I could have been wrong with yours Smiley Sad.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

No worries.  It was worth a shot. There are so many brooches on the site, thought maybe I just overlooked it.  A couple of similar brooches but not this one.  It's still a very pretty piece even if it isn't D&E.  

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

I tend to be of an independent mind... Don't need to see something exactly like the brooch in a "verified" album to attribute to D&E. The albums are too fluid [i.e. reflections of inventory] to be given such deference. Clearly has skinny navettes. Is that puddling? I would base attribution on your own experience and what your eyes see. On the other hand, when thinking of selling the piece, I sometimes conclude there isn't enough price differential to warrant sharing my opinions in the listing. PS I was NOT a one armed economist!
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

Yes, it does indeed have puddling.  And it is certainly well made.  There are so many listings for Juliane that isn't Juliane, this might actually do better as an unsigned beauty.  Unless it's a big, bold piece that really is Juliane, I agree there isn't much of a price difference any more. Thank you for chiming in.  I am still figuring out what is what and am happy for any and all guidance. 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

JMHO, and I am no expert, but for D&E I would expect figure 8 puddling and/or a combination of closed and open backed stones. My take is a no, sorry Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

Plus the square mountings for round rhinestones seems wrong.  It's official.  Not D&E.  Many thanks!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

All is not lost.  This piece is D&E for Avon. And it's beeen in my jewelry collection way before I ever heard of D&E.    Smiley Very Happy

1.JPG

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

Cool - I didn't know D&E had ever jobbed for Avon, and don't know a lot about "Last Generation" pieces.

flotsamlogo
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

That is super! Be sure to check you Avon for KJ Lane pieces too! Good luck!
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

Thank you.  Found another Avon piece by Barrera.  It turned out to be a book piece so now I check every piece of Avon I have before deciding what to do with it.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

@takingbackmycloset wrote:

Thank you.  Found another Avon piece by Barrera.  It turned out to be a book piece so now I check every piece of Avon I have before deciding what to do with it.

So, how does one go about checking out Avon items? Is there a particular website, books, or you just need to search internet for related info? I think I may have some stashed in a miscellaneous "signed, but nobody famous" box. (Sorry, Avon, just haven't had you on my A-list, but guess I should have!)

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

Vintage costume jewels and lillys vintage jewels are good reference sites for Avon. Trifari, KJL, Liz Taylor, Jose Barrera and Nina Ricci all made jewelry for Avon.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

Thank you TBMC

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Juliana Brooch?

The Avon cream lucite owl (on an amber colored branch) is a book piece.

I'll see if I can find the info on it.

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 15 of 19
latest reply