cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Belly Bee Brooch

The first pic is my Bee brooch. The back has signed.....copyright AK, which turns out to be Anne Klein. (ref: http://www.illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksk.html).

The second pic is a Trifari.

Upon research on this.....(ref: http://www collectorsweekly.com/costume-jewelry/trifari)....

I found this information very interesting between Trifari starting the Jelly Bellies, then Coro making their own line by Arthur Katz which I thought that was what the AK meant. It's amazing how close design these two brooches are.

txkitty

"I'm in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here!"

“You don't have to be crazy to hang out with me, I'll train you.”
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Jelly Belly Bee Brooch

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi,

I have the Trifari brooch and did not know that Klein had remade it---it is not as nice as the original but few copies are [grin]. I just need to add two things for information.  Mr Katz's name was Adolph and he was never a designer----he just signed the patents and had final say in the design procss---but he never designed jewelry regardless of what others say. Thank you for adding these two pictures--it was interesting for me to see.

Regards,

Pat Seal

jewelry research logo

Costume Jewelry History
And Jewelry Marks

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Pat, guess we will just have to continue to agree to disagree on this statement.

"Mr Katz's name was Adolph and he was never a designer----he just signed the patents and had final say in the design procss---but he never designed jewelry regardless of what others say."

There are any number of the great old designs being reissued by other designers now that the patents and copyrights are no longer in effect.

The large Angle fish by Coro and the one done by Cathe come to mind.  Maybe because I have the one done by Cathe!  LOL

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply