cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this an unsigned Coro set?

I have this vintage jewelry set which includes a brooch, bracelet, and earrings, and it sure looks like Coro to me. However, there are no markings, no signatures, anywhere, on any of the pieces.

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether my set might be unsigned Coro? I'd sure welcome any thoughts or information.

Note: I'm going to try to get all 3 of my photos into this message, but if I can't, I'll put the leftovers into a second message.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is this an unsigned Coro set?

@prairie*blossom wrote:

072.JPG212.JPG

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Maybe try Lisner?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Unfortuntely, this set could be any number of designers.  Unless you can find a signed identical piece it would be impossible to say for sure.  It's a great vintage set.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much for getting all 3 of my pics onto the same message! I don't know what's wrong with me that I have such trouble with this little task, a task everyone else seems to have mastered. Oof. However, as I clicked on "Post" today, with my final message and photos, I think a light came on! I think I've figured it out, so next time I need to ask a question here, I'm going to test out my little theory. LOL.

I keep a quotation -- not sure where I got it -- pinned up to my computer monitor. It goes like this: "Everything is difficult before it is easy." Keeping that axiom in mind has helped me through a lot of trial and error!  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Maybe try Lisner?

Oooh! Lisner! I'm going to do a google image search for that! Thanks for the tip!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Unfortuntely, this set could be any number of designers.  Unless you can find a signed identical piece it would be impossible to say for sure.  It's a great vintage set.

Oh, thanks! Yes, it's a very pretty set and is in great condition, with the exception of a bit of verdigris on the earring screw-back mechanisms and one "dead" -- or just peculiarly-colored and possibly replacement -- rhinestone on the bracelet.

Yeah, the reason I suspected Coro is that the brooch is very much like one I recently sold (signed Coro) and like many other Coro brooches I see here on eBay. That other one had pearly white "petals," but the style was the same, as was the metal "framework." But I figured that a variety of companies made similar pieces, and so I thought I'd come here to inquire, as I'm painfully aware that I don't know nearly enough to make any sort of determination on my own.

Thanks so much for your reply!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Design is so cool
Message 8 of 8
latest reply