cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a set?

I was going through the jewelry I got at auction this week and found a matching necklace and bracelet by La Rel. I had a bunch of clear rhinestone earring in the lot too. These match (I think) but aren't marked La Rel. Would it be typical to not mark screw on earrings? I don't want to list it as a set unless I'm pretty darn confident. Thoughts?? (Also would this be called a demi parure? I've seen the term but never had opt to use it! Lol)
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Is this a set?

I wouldn`t list it as a  true set or parure..mainly because the earrings are not marked.  

Yes..they could very well be part of the set as we know oft times not all pieces were marked...but, you also have to take into consideration that is a pretty basic earring style for it`s time & could be by any number of mfgs.  So you`d be better off disclosing the truth of it as you have stated here..that even tho they appear to match..they might not be La Rel.

That`s what I`d do anyway Cat Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Is this a set?

Yes it is common for jewelry manufacturers to not mark every piece in a set . They do look similliar , but since you can not be sure , if I were you I would tread lightly . You could list the 2 pieces that are marked as a La Rel demi parure . Demi parure ( meaning part of a set ) . Or you could list the 3 together , not as a Demi parure but with full disclosure , just like you did here .

Demi parure ( part of a set ) , Parure ( most of a set ) , Grand parure ( all of the set ) . 🐶🐶🐶
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Is this a set?

So if I understand you right....I can in good faith list this as Demi and disclose that these earrings that I added are not marked but I felt went with / complimented the set. Sound good? Tha ks
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Is this a set?

Works for me! Cat Very Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Is this a set?

You do have 2 pieces that are marked . So yes that is a demi parure . You could list as demi parure + bonus earrings , up front in the listingt tile . Or you could just list the 2 pieces that are signed , and surprise them with the earrings you added as a bonus .
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Is this a set?

Oooops Edit ...up front in the listing title
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Is this a set?

Super! Thank you! Lisa
Message 8 of 8
latest reply