cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Storm (again) Valentine's Day Eye Candy Wednesday

Snow, sleet and freezing rain.  Anyone got some hot eye candy to thaw the roads out with?   Oh yeah, and there's fog too.  Lovely.  Keep the pictures smaller to speed loading, and as always no live auctions.    

Here's three to start out with.  One is the only sterling rose and heart set I've ever found; they're always costume.  The second is one I made at some point, out of glass and shell beads.   The third appears to be legit Tiffany, but it's not going up on Ebay.  

Sterling rose set - long goneSterling rose set - long goneShell and  glass heart necklaceShell and glass heart necklaceProbably the real dealProbably the real deal

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ice Storm (again) Valentine's Day Eye Candy Wednesday

My "luck" at the thrift store finally took a turn for the better last week.  Here's my newly acquired Ciner bracelet. 😎

Ciner RS Bracelet -- 1 -- 2000px.jpg

Ciner RS Bracelet -- Length 3 -- 2000px.jpg

A.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Been a while since I posted so I have a few things...this Victorian brooch is an addition to my memento collection.  Thought it was silver from the photos but turns out to be rose gold:

Bouchard Good Luck horseshoe brooch 1.JPGBouchard Good Luck horseshoe brooch 2.JPG

And a vintage gold English Ford Line service pin. Did you know the flying car in Harry Potter was and English Ford? I didnt even know English Fords existed at all!english ford line pin 2.JPG

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

and these are for the birds

little gold and diamond tie tack

gold owl tie tack 2.JPG

potmetal and rhinestone character pin, love his little face

green belly duck brooch 4.JPG

and not a bird but two little potmetal dogs, original not a repro I think.  And in fantastic condition

scotty dog double red pin 1.JPG

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Houston Astrodome:

astrodome tie clip 2.JPG

Astrodome tie clip.jpg

Chicago Worlds Fair, was advertised as a childs bracelet so no interest other than me

chicago 1933 bracelet 4.JPG

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I finally got my fish jelly belly all cleaned up and restored

Coro sterling jelly belly fish 1.JPG

this sterling bracelet still needs one stone tho, but its right by the clasp at least.  Its diamonbar but came in a Saks box....wonder if they were sold at Saks?

diamonbar green bracelet 2.JPG

Replaced the stones around the center pink stone as all were missing. I picked marcasite and think it turned out good

pink czech necklace 2.JPG

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Almost forgot this. Thought the colors were pretty and when it came found out it was dragons breath heart_eyes

DB necklace 1.JPG

DB necklace 5.JPG

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

WOW Cleio!  Welcome back!  Love the dragon's breath.  Eve the hearts are so right for this time of year.  Thirry, lucky you on the Ciner bracelet.

So here is a little eye candy before I start working on my newest finds.

Eisenberg Ice ... a little late for the season ... maybe.Eisenberg Ice ... a little late for the season ... maybe.D'Orlan more in keeping with the current seasonD'Orlan more in keeping with the current seasonKrementzKrementz

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@cleio wrote:

Houston Astrodome:

astrodome tie clip 2.JPG

Astrodome tie clip.jpg

Chicago Worlds Fair, was advertised as a childs bracelet so no interest other than me

chicago 1933 bracelet 4.JPG

I'd have jumped on that Chicago bracelet too; I have a friend who collects 1939 World's Fair bits.  I'm not that fussy.(LOL)

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Ive always loved touristy stuff, things connected to places and events.  Makes dating them easy at least 😛

Sandy I love the intertwined heart necklace. Good time for it also

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

A few goodies that I found recently:

Modern Deco style sterling & glass stones necklaceModern Deco style sterling & glass stones necklaceVintage WeissVintage WeissVintage Deco art glass earrings by Thomas L Mott, ear wires are a replacementVintage Deco art glass earrings by Thomas L Mott, ear wires are a replacement

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

A ,  Lucky you indeed 

Sandy , Love the arrow 

cleio , fishy and the pink necklace both turned out great 

Thought that y'all might like to see what my dear Mom gave me for Valentines Day . It's dainty and made outta stainless steel and of course I LOVE IT !!! 💜

IMG_5678.JPG

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

That bracelet is perfect for you lol!

This was always my favorite thread, something I looked forward to each week. Im so glad its still around

Message 13 of 13
latest reply