cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem!!

I sold an item and when I went to give invoice, it came up with "you can not send invoice to this buyer" it is part of the global shipping program..

I do not have an address to ship to ? I do not print shipping labels on line.. I take to post office.. What do I do? Please help! or tell me where to go..

Thanks

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: I have a problem!!

Oh my! Sorrrrry to read about your day 😞
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Rain, I don't think you can opt out after the sale. I could be wrong on that, but that's why you can't send an invoice. Sine your buyer is not happy with the cost of GSP (and it IS high but covers customs), I would just email the buyer and tell them eBay won't let you alter the invoice to opt out so if they want to cancel the sale you will be happy to do that. I would rather that then have an unhappy buyer.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Actually Buyers may be exempt from Duties. The Import Costs may be nothing more than PB Brokerage /Handling Fees. This is on top of the Buyer paying for Shipping via USPS to PB Sorting Station and than Global Shipping from that location to them. Neither of which are itemized or disclosed or regulated in any way.
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I had someone ask if I shipped to Russia but I was scared to try that.

I did add Canada to an auction for a buyer and that seemed to go okay.

I just went to the post office and shipped priority. I hope I did it right. I saw on tracking where it cleared customs. Does that mean the buyer had to pay some kind of fee on their end? 

I don't print labels either.

Nothing is impossible for God.
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@carscorvette2003 wrote:

I had someone ask if I shipped to Russia but I was scared to try that.

I did add Canada to an auction for a buyer and that seemed to go okay.

I just went to the post office and shipped priority. I hope I did it right. I saw on tracking where it cleared customs. Does that mean the buyer had to pay some kind of fee on their end? 

I don't print labels either.

Not necessarily. Would depend on the Value of the Item and the method used to Ship. In the past items under $20 were not subject to Import Costs. Also, using USPS First Class and Priority I might have paid only $5 plus appropriate taxes. Other methods had a few $ higher processing Fee and possibility of Duties on top of Taxes.

If you ship to Canada again here is a link to the Canada Post Tracking Info Page:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Thanks

Nothing is impossible for God.
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Wow I see I am not the only having problems with international shipping..

Yes I have also shipped to Canada many times in the past and I did not have a problem.. I just do not do it anymore because of the weight problem, I do not have a means to weigh the item untill I take it to the post office, then it is too late the item has been paid for I eat the shipping cost..

I did send my buyer from Greese a reply to his request to cancel Global Shipping, I have not heard from him yet..

I told him I was sorry, I do not ship International and was not even aware the Global Shipping was on.. I also told him I would be happy to cancel the transaction if he likes..

AND I did get my tree up and lights on, now just need to finish it..

Thanks for your help everyone..

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Rain, I think eBay changed something where they automatically add GSP if you don't have an international shipping option listed. That means if you don't want to sell international then every listing has to say "will not ship internationally" in the shipping options and you also need to check the setting for "block buyers from countries I don't ship to." I'm not really sure where those are because I do sell worldwide (international buyers are no worse than domestic ones). But leaving your international shipping options blank will get you involved with GSP.

flotsamlogo
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I believe as you list the GSP is automatically checked, you have to uncheck it. I have used it several times...But many times sellers buy and then ask me to do the same send item to them directly due to the high fees. I get alot of emails from people in Canada and Greece saying the shipping is over 20 dollars. 

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Hoss, a. Opulent questions on that. Do you see the shipping costs on your end after the sale or does only the buyer see it?

And what about FVF, do you get chaged on shipping?
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

I only see my shipping charge, I only get the FVF on shipping that I charge in my listings.....

Message 26 of 26
latest reply