cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope someone can help with this frog ring not Costume but oh so pretty and you ladies are so smart.

This is a vintage ring in the original box from Ross Simons want to list is but can't find anything like it.

I know it is stamped 14 K but what are the stones. Box has descripition but don't know what it means.

TIAfullsizeoutput_1c98.jpeg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Hope someone can help with this frog ring not Costume but oh so pretty and you ladies are so sma

fullsizeoutput_1c99.jpegfullsizeoutput_1c9c.jpeg

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Hope someone can help with this frog ring not Costume but oh so pretty and you ladies are so sma

I think the stones are Tsavorite Garnet. It's just beautiful. BTW Tsavorite Garent is pricey. Please check into it before pricing.

Diane

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Oh my!!!

The Little Froggy needs careful research. It will be high priced.

I would contact the original store 🙂
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Not your ring (I think yours is 100x more beautiful) but will give you an idea.

For information only:

http://www.ross-simons.com/products/890862.html
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I agree OCN. I was just looking at the prices on Tsavorite Garnet...wow!!! I have a couple of Tsavorite pieces and now I'm thinking of getting them out and listing them.

Please get your ring appraised. You usually can get an appraisal for around 80 bucks. I have gotten free appraisals before just by showing my item to a jeweler and having him blurt out what he thinks it's worth.

Have you louped the diamonds? If they are anywhere in the SI range, you will really be sitting pretty.

Diane

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Diane, I have one small emerald cut Tsavorite and Pave Diamond Ring I bought back in the 1980s. I love it!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

OCN, it is a beautiful stone. The IGI world says that a Tsavorite and a Russian Chrome Diopside is what an Emerald wants to be.

Diane

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I have have this for years and never could find anything about it.  This is the most I have learn about it. You girls are great.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

You are so welcome! Please update us on this pretty ring.

Diane

Message 11 of 11
latest reply