cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with mark on pin

I tried every way to take a picture of this mark, maybe you can tell me who made this. I think it reads sterling silver but the makers mark I cannot read. 2 1/4". 100_6432.JPG100B6460.JPG100_6471.JPG100_6431.JPG

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Help with mark on pin

I think one of your Marks is a Crown and the other rectangle might be a Letter Number combination? This plus the Trombone Clasp points to European and possibly Scandinavian. Can you do a sketch of the Marks and post a picture of that image?
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Try putting a loupe in front of your camera lens and then focusing--you should be able to get a closer photo.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

If possible use the macro setting.

Take a close up of the mark and crop it, then post here.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

It also helps to open the pin stem and get it out of the way. The camera tries to focus on the closest thing and I have found that opening it helps.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Or even take a HiRes (large MegaPixel) picture and crop to show only the Marks. This could show almost the same detail as a Macro setting or a loupe if you have neither of those. Taking the picture to make sure the Mark is in focus is more important than getting a blurry close up image. Cropping will give the detail as if it were a close up 🙂
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

As CAV noted the camera is looking for something to focus on. Your camera may have Focus Options in the set up. Have a look and see if there is one listed that might be better for close up over an infinity /landscape or portrait Mode.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Plain backgrounds also help the camera focus on the item.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I think this picture is better, if not I'll keep trying. Thanks to everyone with their ideas on how to take the picturre. does this picture help ?100_6539.JPG

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I zoomed in and can see 'Sterling silver" and a maker's mark that looks like a circle? with an enclosed V? But that part I am not sure about. Try cropping the picture to just show the mark ... maybe that will help?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Hi Arlene, I took the picture again and I think the mark is pretty good. Maybe you or someone can tell me who made it. thanks again.100_6541.JPG100_6542.JPG100_6540.JPG100_6542.JPG

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

bump

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

original-2-1.jpg

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

looks like a circle with a V and maybe I

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

it looks like a V with a loop at the top of the V in a circle. what do you think ?100_6540.JPG100_6542.JPG

Message 15 of 15
latest reply