cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with bakelit colors-thanks!

So anyhow the necklace looks like (to me at least) to have been restrung from 2 differnet color beads. They're green and a brownish yellow. Marbled spinach and marbled mustard, if there is such a thing??

The watch is a golden brown??

Any help with the "correct" color names would be greatly appreciated!

Pauline

P1010083.JPGP1010087.JPGP1010102 (2).JPGP1010104.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Here's a list of Bakelite colors and descriptions. http://www.plasticfantastic.com/glossary.html#color

The graduated sizes on the bead  necklace look too well matched to me to be a combining of two necklaces. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The two beads look like olives and peas--don't know which bakelite colors those would be.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

My instant reaction is pea soup for the beads and bananas foster for the watch band.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Oh dear so many food choices grin

At this point I don't think it really matters. I seached "graduated bead bakelite necklace" and 80% were just plastic,  listed under vintage plastics/bakelite!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The watch would be called "Mississippi Mud" which is a specialty marbled finish.

" marbled Pea Soup"  would work for the beads.

And bakelite would never be referred to as "plastic".  Plastic has seams and is much lighter and "brittle" looking.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Bakelite is an early plastic and listing it in the Vintage Plastics category would be correct. That is where Bakelite jewelry buyers would expect to find it.

Just because it doesn't have mold seams like modern machine-injected plastics doesn't mean it isn't considered a plastic.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Here is the category for Bakelite jewelry:

Jewely & Watches>Vintage & Antique Jewelry>Costume> Bakelite, Vintage Plastics

Message 8 of 8
latest reply