cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with 2 piece buckle signed BM

I haved looked around,  but can't find the marks

Any help appreciated!

Am I right to refer to it as belt buckles?

buckles

front

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Help with 2 piece buckle signed BM

Actually, if you are planning to list it, I would refer to it as a belt buckle (singular) and state that it is two piece.  Just trying to head off those clueless ones who would expect two belt buckles.  They also are the ones who think a pair of pants is two.  

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

LOL thanks

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I am trying to keyword search. Are the Flowers Suede or Flannel?

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I think they are suede or leather like, kind of odd to me

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The flowers look like they are made from velvet ribbons, appropriate from 1920s-1930s looking belt buckle.  Sorry I don't recognize that maker's mark.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I thought I might see the pics better on my regular Monitor rather than my iPod but not really.

Can you post a close up (large image) that shows the Mark plus the fabric and the circular impressions? (I think that you can get all of them in one shot.)

Reason I am asking is I cannot see the "B" well enough to tell if this is BM or WB. I hope that makes sense plus my eyes are not as good as they used to be.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Still looking at this and do not want to get your hopes up because the image posted shows only a small size of the Mark I do not want to say anything prematurely but the M looks a bit like the very early Boucher Phrygian Cap Mark. and the B looks most like the number "8". I do not know if Boucher made Accessories like Belt Buckles which is why this is just to much speculation on my part.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

OCN that is an interesting line of thought but I am just not seeing the Boucher mark here. Then again my eyes aren't that great either! I guess we need to see a close up of those marks. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@arlene_v wrote:

OCN that is an interesting line of thought but I am just not seeing the Boucher mark here. Then again my eyes aren't that great either! I guess we need to see a close up of those marks. 

Yup 🙂

At first I saw the "8" rather than a "B" which started me looking at the "M" which seems to have a bit of a flurish at the one side.

But without a close up no way to really see the Mark.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Not Boucher. If it were Boucher it would be MB with the cap.     I have had a couple of things in the past with that mark, and have found nothing so far.  A quick google search will tell you the same thing. 

Some BM marks stand for Britannia Metal which is a type of metal combination.  There was a BM co. which is Brunswick Manufacturing.

Sorry can't be more help.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Aww too bad but thanks for helping

Sorry got side tracked

back

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Just one more a little closer

closer

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for the larger images, definitely debunks my thoughts.

Gorgeous Buckle which seems to be a quality item made to go with a designer outfit 🙂

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I was doing some looking around google at French Paste Buckles (just cause this looks French to me) and found a Buckles page on what looks like an incredible reference site for clothing accessories:

http://www.buttoncountry.com/Div4buckles1.html

(I just had to share even though might not help you, it is worth the look.)

Message 15 of 16
latest reply