cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying this vintage rhinestone set please

Hello,

I checked all these pieces to see if any are signed and I could find nothing.  I tried searching for a similar set online too and also came up blank.  Does anyone recognize these pieces as belonging to any jewelry manufacturer or designer?  Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me,

Mrs. Marblemangold rootbeer parure set (10).jpggold rootbeer parure set (5).jpggold rootbeer parure set (7).jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help identifying this vintage rhinestone set please

Beautiful set!  No clue as to maker....Weiis popped  into my head as soon a I saw it..but I  would think at least 1 pc would be marked.

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Not necessarily. I've had Weiss pieces that were originally sold on cards and were otherwise unmarked. There's really no way to tell unless you can find a matching piece with the card or hangtag, but it would be worth a Google image search to try.

flotsamlogo
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

My first thought too was Weiss.  It most definitely could have come on a card.  Really hard to say.  Sometimes with Weiss only one piece would be signed.  You might try looking for a signed matching brooch, just an idea.  It's a beautiful set.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your help.

I heard two vintage jewelry buyers once say that some designer signatures are "hidden" and unless you know where to look you might miss it/them.  Since it sounds like these pieces resemble Weiss jewelry, would there be any specific place to look for a signature?   I'll check out the Internet for Weiss pieces now that I at least have a starting place.

The other question I have about this set is that one of the stones is missing.  I know I had it at one point, so the fact it is now gone (recently moved after having been in the last house for 30 years) bums me out.  Is it a lost cause to sell because of the missing rhinestone?  Would this be one of my $9.99 specials since it would be another of my Charlie Brown Christmas Trees?  Please let me know, and again, thank you all for your help!

Mrs. Marbleman

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The WEISS marking is  always very easy to spot..normally on back of a fold over clasp or anywhere on back of necklace or bracelet & most often on the earring clips.

1 small rhinestone missing in a set like this is no biggie at all.  It`s a fabulous  set & I`d put a healthy price on it.  Check other Unsigned Beauty demis for an idea  (check completeds too) 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I've had Weiss earrings signed on the clip pad (the part that goes against your ear), but normally they're not a siggie-hider.

flotsamlogo
Message 7 of 7
latest reply