cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying dress clips

Hi. I am hoping someone can identify the makers of these dress clips.  The green rhinestone Clip has a Pat #1801128. The 2 paisley/swirls have a makers mark OO or GC? It’s hard to read. The other swirl is a pendant/pin. 

09403BC5-12C2-406B-B16C-349DE61E1661.jpeg

44C22AFA-A513-4C7C-B186-0AAE5EE11E74.jpeg

4E034B2B-0B67-4CB7-9888-05A924205786.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help identifying dress clips

@christinesclassicjewelry 

I have the flower petals on a European (Austria) Brooch which lead to my guess. I think it is possible that the filigree parts could have been imported to America and than incorporated into the piece.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The patent on the clip would be for the clip mechanism itself..unfortunately no help dating the dress clip itself

That green one is awesome!!  It looks to be the oldest to me  and it appears maybe to be cannetille?? 

There`s same gals here that are good with this stuff..wait for their opinion

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

My guess for the Green one is possibly Austria Regional. Seeing a picture of the back might help.

The two Dress Clips have circle textures which may have been posted for ID help in the past. I cannot remember if there was Joy or not. If there was an ID it might have been posted here on Sandy's Imageevent Site?

https://imageevent.com/flippingtreasures/h1identifiedjewelrytexturesh1;jsessionid=g31zbr1yi1.cow

Additionally, maybe a pencil rubbing might make the Mark pop?

The markings on the back of the Brooch are hard to make out because of the shiny finish. If a flash was used maybe try another image in an area of bright indirect light without a flash.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

p.s. The Green one reminds me of an Antique Stomacher Brooch.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

So, I tracked the patent down to an Anthony Waller out of Rhode Island in 1931, so maybe the brooch was American made. I'm not really sure if they would have exported parts to Europe to make costume jewelry, but they very well could have. I would also like to see the back of it!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@christinesclassicjewelry 

I have the flower petals on a European (Austria) Brooch which lead to my guess. I think it is possible that the filigree parts could have been imported to America and than incorporated into the piece.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

i love the green one too. It looks like it had a gold gilt wash at one time. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you. Here is the back of the green clip. 

19D75659-C0C3-40BF-A839-B1A36B3183E0.jpeg

Message 8 of 8
latest reply