cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hazy, HOT and nasty Eye Candy Wednesday

I'm back to getting some Canadian smoke here, along with hazy sun, heat and humidity.    Does anyone have any cool eye candy to show?  Keep the images smaller to speed loading, and as usual nothing from a live auction. 

Here are three oldies, all long sold.  Mystic-coated quartz necklace (I think) that sold locally.  Nolan Miller pin in its original box.  Mid-century pewter with glass stones, if memory serves. 

Probably coated quartzProbably coated quartzNolan Miller thistle in original boxNolan Miller thistle in original boxMid-century pewter and rhinestoneMid-century pewter and rhinestone

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hazy, HOT and nasty Eye Candy Wednesday

Sorry to hear the smoke is back along with the hazy and heat.  We finally have had a couple of days of relief here.  We are leaving Tennessee this week-end and heading for Kentucky.  I found it interesting that in Louisiana, right between Baton Rouge and New Orleans I found nothing and what I did find was too high priced for resale.

BUT, here in Amish country I found a number of things.  I'll share these three, there are 10 more for later.

Kramer - SB5028.JPG

Kramer

Trifari - SB5027.JPG

Signed Trifari

UB4765.jpg

Celluloid & Reverse Carved Lucite 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I like that cameo!  But then carved lucite ...nom. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Nice stuff, ladies!  Sandy, I had a Trifari necklace with those beads in black with the gold brushing or dusting.   I forget what it was called.  Was it something like windowpane?  Here's a few waiting in the wings to be listed.

Bodacious 45" lucite and amber disc necklace:

lucitenecklace9.JPG

Pretty unsigned glass flower brooch:

pinkcrystalflowerbrooch6.jpg

This is about as brutalist as you can get!  We're going to find out if ugly really DOES sell 🤣!  Pendant and clip earrings:

brutalistset1.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Dream, I learned to call them gold dust window beads.  I have them in white with the gold and black.  They really are unique and beautiful.

I think that "ugly" will sell.  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I love the flower brooch most of all.  Some finds.

Faux Bohemian garnet cross, glass.  Gift.

Garnet Cross Faux.jpg

Ross Simmons 14k clasp pearl necklace, flea market find $3

Pearls square Ross Simmons.jpg

Flea market find, $1- charms, various stones, in the original box with extra chain that was taken out

14k Grandchildren necklace on me.jpg14k Grandchildren Necklace.jpg

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Some *old* pics.  I don't remember how/if they were signed.  

pbobd12_0-1689274296684.jpegpbobd12_1-1689274337402.jpeg

pbobd12_2-1689275090224.jpegpbobd12_3-1689275149201.jpegpbobd12_4-1689275237227.jpegpbobd12_5-1689275402466.jpeg

Message 7 of 7
latest reply