cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't listed in a long long time Questions

So has much changed for Jewelry patterns when listing in the last 5 years or so?

Or still just a mixed bag as to whats best.

I will say I need quick money so is Jewelry selling well with a buy it now?

Does the Buy it now option still disappear if someone bids?

Was thinking maybe to list as a buy it now a few days and if it doesn't go switch it to a 5day auction ending next Sunday night.

Last question (I think)

Is free shipping still a big deal? does it help?

As an example:

Doing up some jewelry lots like this 24 pair rhinestone lot. 7 signed and 2 with DE figure 8 puddling.

so nice lots with good pictures. and yes I remember list it for my happy price. 

I just have to be realistic as far a happy price and going to sell fast price 

earlot1a.jpg

DW

Photobucket

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Haven't listed in a long long time Questions

WHAT to my wondering eyes do I see...is that really you...?  It is so good to see you, Denwolf!  Welcome  back again.  HUGS!

I'll try and answer as many of your questions as I can.

Yes, the categories have changed.  So go through them to make sure what is covered under each.

Vintage jewelry has been selling well for me, lots of things I have had listed and relisted for a while,  is selling.

I use buy it now on all my auctions.  Remember the Buy It Now price has to be 30% larger than your starting price.

I still don't offer free shipping and it hasn't hurt me as far as I can see, sells wise.  But I think you are more likely to get more hits with it. 

Sounds like you have a good handle on the realistic and happy price weight scale. 

Great looking lot.  The designer signed pieces should help.

DON'T BE A STRANGER ... and good luck. 

Saw where you had been setting up at some of the big sales venues around Iowa.  I so miss traveling.  The boys are getting so big!  Tell the family hi from me.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Sandy

Yes the boys are way to big.

I ended up bitting the bullet and just list a few things here in the last hour

I got an offer in less then 5 minutes on one of my bakelite bangle lots. this seller resells them around $25 each and is offering me $15 each with free shipping. I always use to set my limits on offers and of course I forgot to. I always over think things: wow that was fast, priced low? don't know what I have? just better to set it to automaticly except and decline. then whats done is done.

DW

Photobucket

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Welcome back, Denwolf!

Maybe add your new listings to the Coming Attractions thread for all to see?

P.S. Are those blue earrings upper right corner D&E? (I looked at pic but couldn't see the back under the clips - was looking to see if there's a rivet behind that halo). Compare to these: http://isitjulianajewelry.com/view.php?id=2871

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi Diane

No the blue earring in the upper right aren't DE 

Looks like it could from the front but the backs are not open and no rivets.

DW

Photobucket

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Good luck!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 6 of 6
latest reply