cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone seen this type of work by any artist?

Wondering if anyone knows an artist that does this type of work. It looks like such a time consuming process. Would love a name for listing purposes.

The pearls are real, and the beads appear to be brass. The metal appears to be gold plated over copper.

MVC-037F.JPG

MVC-034F.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Has anyone seen this type of work by any artist?

It looks like they made a wirework framework and either knit or crocheted the mesh with the beads. Interesting ring, for sure. Wireworking is hot among jewelry artists, and there is so much neat stuff out there! (It isn't as hard as it looks Smiley Wink)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

khatsvintagejewels;

Thanks for your reply. The mesh is also made of wire. Can they actually knit or crochet wire? (duh)

Anyway, the idea of listing it may not be worthwhile since I know nothing of this type of thing. I will keep my eyes open though in case something pops up.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Oh, yes! Knitting and crocheting wire is hot! Just google "wire crochet" or "wire knitting" and you will find a lot of neat stuff.

This is an artisan piece, and if you sell it, I'd call it that. Something like "Contemporary Artisan Wirework Ring" or similar.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply