cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAPPY MAY DAY TO THE BEST BOARD IN THE eBAY COMMUNITY!

May

HAPPY MAY DAY!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 207
latest reply
206 REPLIES 206

Re: HAPPY MAY DAY TO THE BEST BOARD IN THE eBAY COMMUNITY!

Wow!  Had to go look that up..had never heard of it. 

So glad he is better tho. Cat Very Happy

My 2 have switched roles.  Lil miss Pixie has become the dainty little kitty..not a big 'player'  after-all  while JJ is all over the place as rambunctious as can be.  

vet agrees with me..he is prob closer to just a little over 1 year instead of 2. She said he had too much kitten in him  lol  But he`s so long legged..she thinks he`ll be big & Pixie will stay dainty. Guess we`ll see

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 151 of 207
latest reply

Sarah, I think not only are you happy new parents, but you have lucky new fur babies! I know you will take good care of them, enjoy!!!
Message 152 of 207
latest reply

Mornin,,,,Just a quick pop-in to let ya'll know I'm alive, only have a minute as I am waiting for DH to get dressed so we can do shopping and lunch.

Been busy busy and trying to get the garden ready for growing in between the nasty weather spurts.

One day the air is on and the next day the heat, today was freezing when I got up but who knows I could be turning on the air by this afternoon??

Most of my seedlings passed away and after two tries I think I'm buying plants at the garden center.

Well off to get busy again  miss you guys be back soon I hope

(((((HUGZ)))))) to everyone..............................

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 153 of 207
latest reply

Hello Everyone!  I wrote a poste but it didn't make it.

Freddi, glad you got meds for your pets.  

B4B, hope the weather improves so you can get your plants going.  It's totally like summer here with enough rain to make the grass really green.

Sarah, know you are enjoying the new kits.

Hope none of you have experienced the tornados and floods that the news keeps posting.

Message 154 of 207
latest reply

We've been having some crazy weather here too, been cold, been hot, been perfect, back to cold, back to hot...i'm pretty tired of it! LOL We had the AC on this past weekend...and hubby started a fire last nite and we turned the furnace on! UGH!!!

Lil Mr. Bandit is do oh so much better 🙂 no more runny poos, thankfully! lol he's getting a bath tonite, probly as he's pretty smelly now...

So glad to hear JJ & Pixie are settling in 🙂 I wondered how old JJ was, actually, he seemed younger then you said!

And...it's raingin here...again...ugh...lol

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 155 of 207
latest reply

Morning all!! Good to hear from everyone!!  Can`t believe ya`ll havin that kind of weather!  I`d go nutso! lol

I`ll have my first cuke in a couple days and  I have lots of green tomatoes &  all the plants are loaded with blooms!!!!!! If it stays like this I will have a bumper crop of tomatoes to eat & can. 

Glad bandit is better...poor lil tyke goin in the water..lol I imagine he does need it. One reason I draw the line at another long hair kitty...too high maintenance when they get sick like that. I remember poor FC..how he got at the end..felt so sorry for him, but nuttin we could do

We will have more turtle babies..just caught another mama in the act when I walked down to get trash can. This one is much bigger than the 1st one

DSCN7037.JPG

DSCN7038.JPG

Message 156 of 207
latest reply

We have had that cold too. 33 last night. Yesterday I turned heat on again. To cold for me. 

Had 16 family here yesterday from 12:00 noon till 9 pm. So great to have them all here. It is such a blessing to me to just sit and watch how they all interact, tell stories and laugh. The grand kids here were a total of 7.  The boys are hilarious.  They tell stories on the their dad and then I tell them stories about thier dad, and then sis gets in there and tell stories on them too. Sooooooo funny! Had the daughter in laws in stitches.

Life can be so stressful and we all need something to laugh about these days.

My flower seedlings are progressing. Most of my veggies I sdid last year did poorly. So poorly and sick I pullled them all up.

Dear daughter is still contemplating June 6. She needs one more piece of information and that is the needle biopsy on the liver. We will be spraying our yard and bushes for ticks this year. They are bery bad here. Luckily while spraying for ticks we may actually get the misquitoes too. They are always bad.

I am rather lame today from cleaning house to get ready for yesterday. But I really dont care...it was fun, and today the sun is shining again and that always helps me.

Waving at you all.

Photobucket
Message 157 of 207
latest reply

Hi ya Terrie! Your family gathering sounds like fun!!  Nice that ya`ll were able to get together like that!

Well not sure what happened with the turtle..I walked down to see if she had finished..she was gone..hole was exposed & 4 eggs laying around the hole.  I have a feeling squirrels already dug them up, or she had some kind of problem & walked away.

Oh well..I`m still keeping eye on 1st batch..crate still over it..need to check back on calender see when to remove the crate

Message 158 of 207
latest reply

Sarah, hope the mother turtle comes back.  Can you crate the new nest?

Terri, sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your family.  I just can't muster up the strength to have large gatherings at my house any more.  

Going to see my mom today. My sister hired aides to take her to the niece's wedding last weekend.  When my brother talked to her earlier this week, she knew that she had gone to a wedding but did not know who got married.

Message 159 of 207
latest reply

Mornin Peach.  Nope..unfortunately..mams lay the eggs & walk away..leaving the babies when they hatch to fend for themselves.  I`m sure now it was squirrels dug it up cause I just rolled  those few eggs back in hole with my foot & covered it a bit..when I checked hour or so later..1 egg was out & hole uncovered again...so am sure now it was a squirrel.

But I  still don`t think she covered it properly to begin with. Cause when they are  finished..you cannot tell they were even there..amazing.

Glorious day here!!   I love it!  Others already complaining of heat...not me tho.

Babies are doin great!    JJ wants to know what is behind doors # 1, 2, & 3.  Cat Very Happy 

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Message 160 of 207
latest reply

Geesh that's too bad about the eggs 😞  Could you put some screening over it or something??

Freddi, glad to hear Bandit is doin better. We do love our babies don't we?

Good to see ya Mrs. E. I'm still mixing mojo and praying for ya's. 

Sandy got pictures of the little guy?? Ya know we like pictures 🙂

Peaches, travel safe......

As for me well this says it all :

peace.jpg

Got to one sale yesterday and picked up a few pieces. Went to a new restaurant called Crave was pretty good DH had this Hot Hot Hot burger and his nose was running 🙂 I had hummus with roasted veggie bruschetta it was great we will be returning, even picked out "our" waiter his name is Damien

ya know ya have to have one in your pocket for the future so you get great service 🙂

We didn't get any plants because mother nature can't make up her mind yet, maybe next week.

I would love to be someplace warm right now, standing in front of the heater vents is just not doing it.

Well ya'll have a wonderful day I have to get busy.........

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 161 of 207
latest reply

Hello everyone ,

Sorry to hear some are still having cold weather . At this point at the beach , I can hardly imagine . It has been in the 80's for 2 weeks now . Summer is FINALLY here . We are already cranking the air conditioner ! My neighborhood is so green and lush right now . My flower box got a lot of attention this spring !

Happy to report the yard sale was a success . I was able to clear out a lot of medium sized items ( home decor , framed pictures , etc. ) that were taking up too much room . I am now able to walk into my office easily , LOL !

We are headed to the big flea market in Florence this weekend , which is an hour and a half away . Wish me luck on the treasure hunting , especially Jools !

I leave you with the calla lilies which are just starting up . Have a great day !

Mermaid 🐳

Message 162 of 207
latest reply

Why yes, I do have some pictures of Athens ... thank you for asking!  LOL

21C.jpg

54C.jpg

With Mom and Dad

12C.jpg

With Grandma and Grandpa.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 163 of 207
latest reply

Great pix!  What a beautiful baby!!  He`s gonna have the gals fallin all over him when he grows up for sure!!!!!!

Message 164 of 207
latest reply

Beautiful baby!! 🙂 thanks for sharing!

Lovely Calla Lilies...sadly mine is just sprouting up! It might bloom in late summer, if I'm lucky! Are yours outside, southern?

It's still pretty chilly here, highs in the mid 60's i believe.

Have stepdaughters 8th grade graduation to attend tonite. Usually its so hot during our graduations that no one can breathe in the gym...that's not gonna happen tonite! LOL

No bath for Bandit last nite, I was too tired. and probly not tonite, maybe this weekend, it'll have to be soon, cuz he's still kinda stinky lol

Here is Bandit & Cricket in the same chair, snuggling 😉 LOL

IMG_0339.jpg

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 165 of 207
latest reply