cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flapper girl ?

Hey Joolie friends ,
Something was telling me to go by my local Habitat for Humanity . There were 2 cases full of vintage jewelry , which happens but is not the norm there . They had this pin labeled " flapper girl " . What are your opinions on design , age , or key words ? As always all comments welcomed .
💝 Mermaid
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Flapper girl ?

Can you show the edge. If it is laminated / layered maybe look at Lea Stein.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Flapper girl ?

Thanks Crow ,
I thought it had a similliar look as well . I know sometimes she signs her pin backs . It looks like this one might have been replaced . Here are a few different angles .
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Flapper girl ?

I was looking at how the pin was attached which looks like how Lea Stein Brooches are made. The side view does not have the laminated layers though. There are other Modern Designers that work in similar materials so more research is required.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Flapper girl ?

Sorry, do you see layering in person?
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Flapper girl ?

No I don't see any layering .

I have only seen her jewelry in pictures . I have never had the pleasure of holding one of her pieces . I like her style . This pin was surrounded by a bunch of vintage jewelry that all came from the same lady . There was Coro . Lisner , Art , Haskell , Carnegie , among others . Even if it's not Lea Stein , I don't think its a newer or modern pin .

Do you think it's a flapper girl ? Seems like her dress is to long to me , haha ! I thought the way her dress and shoes looked kinda reminded me of a mermaid tail . 😊
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Flapper girl ?

If you google Lea Stein, you will see many examples of his work to compare to your piece.  Maybe you can find one like yours that is signed.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Flapper girl ?

My first thought was a princess or something like that being drawn up into something but I could see a mermaid ascending in the water...

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.~Horace

Favorite quote ever! Lori
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Flapper girl ?

Crow ,
I looked up Lea Stein and I see what you mean . The arm , body , legs , etc. would all be layered or 3 dimensional. This does not look like her work , however definately someone inspired by her . I love Lea's foxes and terriers , oh and her Christmas trees too , so cute !
Message 9 of 9
latest reply