cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingers crossed...

Just received this email:

"Hello Amy,

You gave me your card when I was having a yard sale.
I told you I have my mothers jewelry , but was waiting for my sisters to see if they wanted any of it.
Finally they are done looking, so if you are interested, email me.

SINCERLY,
Tim"

I wrote him back and told him I was interested and asked if he could shoot me a couple pics.  Here's his reply:

"How about Saturday morning say 10:30...if I can get you some pic's I will send them.
I have 3 containers , about 12 lbs. if not more."

I have no recollection of meeting this man since I hit upwards of 50 yardsales every Saturday (that includes neighborhood sales where I can hop from one to the other in just a few minutes), but I do give out my cards at just about every yardsale I go to.  It's a little difficult to estimate how much money to bring but it always seems to work out.  Hopefully, I'll have something to show for the "Weekend Bling" thread!
I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Fingers crossed...

Lol If the 'jool magnet' is as lucky as she normally is..I imagine a feast is waiting for us this weekend.  Cat Very Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Ha!  You never know how these things go down, Sarah, but I'm hoping for some early Christmas loot Smiley Happy.  My high-end costume lady is ready for me but I'm not financially ready for her yet.  Going to have to make some steep January sales to afford to see her!

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Thanks for sending those luck waves, Marie!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Ok, Dream, now close your eyes and visualise the following:

Tim opens the first container. "My mum really loved this old costume jewelry stuff" he says. "My sisters only like the modern stuff and they don't want this junk" .... There are forty or fifty boxes in the container.

He opens the first one ...to reveal a large Octopus brooch, next to that  is a superb 1950s Vendome rhinestone encrusted fly pin, nudging an old Eisenberg fur clip.  They appear to be in pristine condition.

"Are you interested in any of this?" he asks, hopefully. "I don't know what to do with it."

I hope that's exactly what happens! Very exciting to think of containers of jewelry, I'd probably be unable to sleep just thinking about it!

Good luck and show us on the Bling thread!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

I have my fingers crossed for you Dream!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Oooohhhhhhhh, don't do that to me, Arlene!  I'm trying to focus on my Christmas preps, but I can't stop the visions of sugar beads dancing in my head.  LOL!  This is one time I wish I could set the clock forward instead of back!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Thanks, Sandy!  I hope he sends some pics so I can get an idea of what his Mom collected.  My imagination is running rampant right now!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

I hope you find oodles of goodies.Smiley Happy and PLEASE be careful when meeting up with strangers. 

TEX
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Me too, Tex, and I certainly will be careful!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Oh the anticipation!! How exciting! I hope it is loads of beautiful stuff! Good luck!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Thanks, baubs!  He just sent me 3 pictures.  I spy no octopi Smiley Very Happy, but there may be some hidden keepers.  Looks like mostly mid-range stuff and a lot of earrings.  At least most of it appears to be vintage and I'm fairly certain I don't have to rob a bank!

costume1.jpg

costume2.jpg

costume3.jpg

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Good luck Dream !

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Fingers crossed...

Thanks, Cali!  My excitement is a bit tempered since he sent the pictures, but that's not to say I don't appreciate the opportunity to check it out.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply