cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall-ing into Eye Candy Wednesday

Hear ye, hear ye; bring out your eye candy!  Keep the pictures smaller to speed loading, and as always no live auctions.  The first one isn't jewelry, but it's pretty.  I found it unframed in a yard sale less than a week ago.  Rematted the poor dear and put it in an 11x14 frame.  She's off to a friend's house at Chanukkah. The elephant has been in the room for a while, and the last is a piece of fossil coral in silver.

Elizabeth Korn oil pastelElizabeth Korn oil pastelIt's that time of year!It's that time of year!Fossil coralFossil coral

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Evening in Paris!  Those blue enamel butterflies are exquisite.....

I haven't been out much, working a lot.  I did stop at thrift shop and found this, 42 inches of ivory

Ivory Strand 42.jpgIvory strand close.jpgIvory strand close.jpg

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Frockstar - Evening in Paris bottles bring back sweet memories for me - late 1940's (as close as I can recall) my grandmother had a bottle of this on a shelf in the bathroom. I believe it was the ONLY bottle of perfume she had, very simple lifestyle and not much money for such things. I remember it simply because it was so beautiful (and I was less than 10 years old, already attracted to beautiful shiny glass things). Anyway, thanks for the pic and the memories it kindled

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

diane, how sweet!! I've had several messages similar to yours, so this scent must have been very popular. It smells really nice 🙂

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Thank you, diane!  That was nice of you to say, but I feel like I'm rarely satisfied with my pictures Smiley Happy.  I, too, remember my Mom wearing "Evening in Paris" on those rare occasions her and my Dad would go out on a "date."  Thanks for posting that pic, frockstar, and bringing back some "olfactory" memories Smiley Happy!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Evelyb30 - any significance to the upside down US penny Smiley Wink?

I watched the debate.   ...and I'm still registered Republican.(sigh)  OTOH this is a yellow dog Democrat state, so call it a form of rebellion.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 20 of 20
latest reply