cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLIP FLOP FEBRUARY CHAT

Feb.jpg

Howdy all!  Well.. I kept waitin for someone to begin a new chat Cat Wink..so please forgive me for goin ahead with it.  

I confuse enuff as it is....so chit chattin Feb in Jan just messes my mind! Smiley Very Happy

Anyhoo...chitter chatter away & catch us up on what`s happening.   Nuttin new with me...my hand aches somethin fierce with carpal tunnel..but I keep tellin myself it`s just wantin to play in the dirtCat Happy  

And while we await all your news....take a stroll down Memory Lane! 

http://www.countryliving.com/life/g4054/american-kitchens-through-the-years/?slide=1

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: FLIP FLOP FEBRUARY CHAT

Hello Sarah , 

Thanks for starting the feb chat . I love retro kitchens and modern sleek ones too so I really enjoyed this kitchen timeline . Love the chairs in the 1955 , and the natural look one with the ferns from the 70's . 

Nothing big to report here , just dealing with car issues ugghhh ! Nothing to big so far . Water pump and new battery . Hope that's all ! 

Just popping in to wave at everyone ! 

Cant wait until spring ! Got a taste of it last week and I'm sooo ready ! 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I have found over the years of intermittent carpal tunnel pain that 2 things work consistently--Handeze elastic gloves and a wrist brace that works for either hands. It's worth checking them out. Handeze has a website www.handezegloves.com.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Thanks catmommy..am checking into those gloves!  I do sleep in a wrist brace at night..normally I just have brief spells once in a very great while..had not had any trouble since Nov 2015 when we moved after tugging boxes & totes..but this spell is hanging on day & night  &  waaaay too long.  I don`t like it one little bit. Cat Sad

Thanx for the info!

I`m with you Dana...hurry up spring & STAY!! 

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Mornin all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was nice..went to a huge church sale..didn`t get much but it`s always fun to go & see people. Hopefully next weekend will be warm enough to go to a flea mkt..seems like it`s been forever since we`ve been to one. 

Back to canning this morning..just finished 21 jars of mandarin oranges..they`re so purtee!  

DSCN9643.JPG

Gonna do some more chicken tomorrow

According to FA,  I can begin planting onions Sat..happy happy!!  Hopefully the local AG center has some onion sets in already.

Have a good day..off to put my canning equipment away & try & list a few things

And remember...

humorous quote

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Yum!  Opened a jar of my pork tenderloin for supper tonite..was vereeeeee good! Can hardly wait till they go on sale again so I can put up some more. (doesn`t take much to make me happy  lol)

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Been a very busy February for me so far! 🙂

I had a great birthday weekend. Hubby 'surprised' me with a new car Friday evening. He came and got my car to run to get our weekly smokes and text me after I got work said he's gotten me my b'day present. I said what is it? he said you'll have to wait till I get home. I said is it...cake??? lol. nope, new car. 2007 Chrysler 300C. It's fancy. pretty sure it's way to fancy for me to be driving 9 blocks to work everyday, but hey, price was right (we got a GREAT deal on it). Looks almost brand new, we'll just have a car payment for the next few years...something I haven't had for over 6 years! lol 

07 300c 02 2017.jpg

Can anyone tell me what color it is tho? We're still not sure, exaclty! HAHA

I did post a sort of joke post on facebook about how hubby had 'bought' me the car for my b'day...created a big dang snafu...so I deleted it...also found out from my dad that my stepmom is beyond p!ssed about it. Uh...people, are you paying the payments? no? well then kiss my rear! Jeez.  I know it looks expensive, but it was not ($7800 out the door), so give me a break. I had my Impala for 11 years! It was 15 years old!

Had supper with my momma Saturday nite, she made me lasagna, it was yummy! And of course, watched the super bowl on Sunday. I had taken the day off on monday, but the plan was no plan, but I ended up buying a car, so I guess that turned out ok! LOL

i love looking at the kitchens, I wish I could have more plants in mine, but i've only got one tiny window for the whole kitchen/dinning room area! 

We were at almost 60° yesterday..today it's 25° and spitting snow. Boo! this back and forth back and forth back and forth weather makes my hands hurt like fire. I wish it would get a temp and stay a temp! LMAO

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Frogi , 

Yowza ...she's a beauty ! Looks navy blue in the picture . Why can't people just be happy for you ? Jeeeeezzz ! Hubby did real good , what a great price .

Mermaid 🐳

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Wow!  What a great bd present..your hubby did good!!

I`m with Dana..I`ll never understand why people always wanna rain on your parade..esp family.  

Iggynore & enjoy!  Cat Very Happy

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Thanks! He was afraid I'd take one look at it and say no, cuz it's not silver...but it is 'blue' and that's always car color choice #2! LMAO

That's how my stepmom is....someone has something 'new' and she's p!ssy about it!

I think someone (on facebook) thought we were spending a whole bunch of dough...but we aren't...and we struggle just like everyone else! And I seriously needed a new car! Hubby says it was rusting out from underneath me! Just happened to blink luck into this one!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Hi Sarah and all,

It's been a long time since I've been here to say "Howdy", but I'm saying it now!  Have been reading most of this thread, but it seems to be missing almost a week's worth of posts, or is it just me?  Also, it's really hard to get used to this format ... looks totally different, and not easy to maneuver around inside.  Oh well.

All is good here.  I hope all of you are doing great.  I see some new "faces" so I say, "Welcome" to you!   I'll try to stop by more often.

Oh, Happy Valentine's Day!

Helen

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Well hello there Miz Helen!  So good to hear from you again..have though about ya often..my bad for not emailing. Cat Embarassed

We`re not missing posts  lol just not as 'chatty' as we used to be..life  seems to have gotten in the way of Ebay Cat Very Happy  But we`re still pluggin along

So what have you been up to all this time?? Anything exciting?? 

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

I've been working part time, trying to sell some things (not jewelry) on eBay or elsewhere, and many other things.  I've been losing weight and finding my waist again!  So excited about all that's going on.  I think 2017 will be a really good year, but now need to get some jewelry listed for sale,  as it's "just sitting there"!

There's still snow on the ground here in Spokane, so looking very much forward to spring coming ... it will be welcome!

Great to catch up with you all again!

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Hello, Helen! It's nice to see you, again! 🙂

I'm looking forward to spring as well, I'm very tired of this winter. Tho, we've been lucky here, not much 'winter' weather going on. 

It's been pretty slow here, too. Valentine's day, for me, was pretty good. Fixed hubby his favorite meal (bbq pork steaks) but other than that, nothing happened! HAHA

Work is giving me fits, but it almost always does around this time of year. The higher ups want more and more, but it's so icky out that no one wants to do anything, so I"m attempting to bring in more business, but dang it, nothing i'm doing is working! It's the winter blahs, I think...

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Well looks like it is check in time.  Sorry haven't really been around much.  Life and more life.  Chuck went back in the hospital Monday.  We are hopeful that he will get out today.

The weather has been great here for the most part, so I have been digging in the dirt and planting a little here and there.  I'm really happ with the way my pump turned out.

P2060002.JPG

Sean has decided that Grandma's house is the place to be on the week-ends.  And he thinks he should spend his summer vacation here too!  LOL  It is so go having the kids and grandkids close.

Still haven't gotten everything arranged the way I would like after the move, but it is getting there.

Had a great birthday and got one of those adjustable beds with the memory foam mattresses, it's great.  It even vibrates without having to have quarters!  LOL

Well that is about all theat is happenening here for now.  I do stop by and mostly read the board, just don't post much. 

WAVES and hugs to all.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 15 of 32
latest reply