cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST QUARTERLY CHAT OF 2024 - JAN, FEB, MARCH

2024 Board.jpg

ALL

ARE WELCOME HERE.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

blob.jpg

Just a reminder not to get too excited, there will be more winter before spring.  Sorry

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 16 of 47
latest reply

😀You said it Sandy!! I am wanting to get my garden beds ready for potato's but after last year I will wait a bit longer this year. 

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

((((Sarah & T)))) Hospice is a wonderful program!

We've had a run of fairly good temps here after our freezing cold days/nites, so I can't complain about the weather too much! HAHA

I hope everyone had a wonderful January. I got down in the dumps, as usual, when it's cold and grey and no sun for days on end. 

I had my 44th Birthday on Saturday and I had a wonderful time with the Plumber, his sister and a friend. My mom baked my usual birthday lasagna last nite and it was soo good! In fact that's what I'm having for lunch today! 🙂

I've looked at the long range forecast and we're staying with unseasonably mild temps pretty much for the next two/three weeks and I'm certainly ok with that!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 18 of 47
latest reply

Now THIS is the way to start the day with a smile!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

(tried to just capture pic but couldn`t)

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/07/travel/wildlife-photographer-peoples-choice-intl-scli-scn/index.html

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 19 of 47
latest reply

Love the Polar Bear.

I know I've been MIA for a while.  Dealing with my sister's death was hard.  Then the RV is STILL in the repair shop!  The damage done by the blow-out has been fixed, but just as we were taking it in we heard about an issue that quite a few people were having with their frames.  So, I checked what they were looking at to find the problem and yes, ours had it.  Luckly, it is still within the warranty time frame so figured we would get it done while we had a place to stay.  Love Michelle's mother and she has been great.  But I always remember the saying, company is like fish, after about a week it begins to stink!  We've been here now going on four months!  Sounds like there is progress being made, I just wish the process hadn't taken this long.

THEN, there is my new glasses ...NOT.

Changed insurance companies for this year.  So waited until the first of the year for the insurance kicked in.  Went to Walmart ( where I have gotten my glasses for the last 30 years ) on January 6th.   It is now 2/14 and FIVE lenses later and they said, they just don't trust the lab to make them.  Apparently, my old glasses have a 6. Base Curve to the lenses and the closes they can get is a 5.25.  What that does is blur my vision when I'm on my phone, tablet and laptop.  I could take pictures of new listings but can't trust any editing and have major issues with typing.   Tried going back to my old glasses but I was already having some issues with them.  Now I have to wait until the middle of next week before I can go see someone else for the refund of the insurance to kick back in!  What a mess.  

I've tried keeping up with the board.  Some days are better than others.  I haven't been going out on buying trips because I have tons that need to be listed that I either brought with me, or have bought on the trips we have taken.

Frogie ... 44! you're just a baby.  

Message 20 of 47
latest reply

Waving to Sanndy!!!  So sorry to hear ya`ll still in limbo with your RV..(but a nice limbo it is I inmagine) Michelle`s mother sounds like a doll!  Hopefully you can soon return to the road again! 

Nuttin worse than having vison problems!  I remember  many years back I decided I wanted a pair of computer glasses instead of tri-focals.  (Bi-focals are bad enough  lol)  It took a few tries to get the lenses just right for arm`s length viewing..but when they did..it was wonderful!  Hope you soon get them right for you!

T has had a real good week.  I know we`re now in the roller coaster mode..so his has been up for most of the week  lol  But I don`t kid myself..I`ll take all the good days I can tho! 

Got to play in the dirt this week a little bit..planted a few onions..& sowed assorted lettuce seeds & started my pepper seeds inside (running about 3 weeks behind on those)  Will start  my tomato seeds next week. 

Since Fredi now owns the enclosed front porch at night..guess I`ll have to put seedlings in basement this year under  my grow lights when they come up..just hope is not too cool for them down there

Take care

Message 21 of 47
latest reply

Sandy, sorry to hear about the issues in life. At least you have someone you can stay with. Here's hoping you can get on the road soon.

I in the meantime am pulling my hair out over my computer and Ebay. Looks like I am going to have to get a new one. It likes to restart on its own, when I talked to the computer guy he refered to it as a dinosaur. It would be cheaper to replace than fix.

Ebay is giving me fits, it offers the choice to move items to auction in the edits but when you make the edit and try to list it all I get is a duplicate listing warning. They need to get these people trying to justify their jobs out of there. End of my rant for today.

Other than that we are doing okay. My weight loss is doing steady. I am down to 272. Only 35lbs to go for my knee surgery. Mom is doing great. She has a new cardiologist that didn't like the amount of medication she was on. He took her off of 3 of them because they conflicted with each other and she is doing much better. He also put her on O2 at night. So I should have her for a few more years God willing.

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

Nuttin worse than puter probs, scifi..esp having to change to a new one!  I feel for ya!!

Congrats on continued weight loss..I know you`ll be happy to have your knee surgery over & done with!  Just keep on keepin on!!   You`ve done really good so far!   

Is good to hear mom`s doin better by removing some of the meds!  They can indeed conflict with others at times, causing problems! 

Hugz to you both!!  

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

Second congrats on the continued weight loss, scifi.  Good to hear mom is doing better.

I shutter just thinking of having to move to a new computer.  But there does come a time when you just have to upgrade.  

Are you ending your listing before relisting as an auction.  When I was taking my items from good til canceled, I had the same problem.  When I canceled them first then went in and changed them to auctions it worked.

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

Well, I think I may have my glasses situation taken care of.  Went to a place that makes their own lenses.  Hopefully, they can have them ready either by Monday or middle of next week.  Wait until you see the frames!  Was trying some on when the Henry suggested, I thought, no way, not my style at all.  Put them on and fell in love.  The really neat thing is they come with a clip-on sun glass!  I have used transition lenses for years.  I noticed that since I have been spending more time driving, they weren't doing the job they use to.  So, I think, these will be better.  Wish me luck.  I'll take a picture once I get them.       

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

This happened the other evening.  JJ was in T`s chair getting ready to nap when a political ad came on  (I have never seen it before & I`m not gonna go into detail here)  

Lets just say it had a clucking chicken walking around & JJ zeroed right in on it!  LOL  Was so funny..he never pays any attention to the tv unless it makes a noise he doesn`t like.   

By time I could grab camera & get it focused..the ad was gone, but he was still looking like..where`d that chicken go???

DSCN9588-Edited.jpg

Message 26 of 47
latest reply

LOL!  Stemmie's favorite is Liberty Mutual ads.  Get's his attention out of a deep sleep every time.

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

IMG_20240223_102714_366~2.jpg

Posting this from my tablet and can not control the sizing.

These are my new glasses. 

Message 28 of 47
latest reply

Those are fab Sandy and look great on you! 

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

You go girl!  They look great on ya!!  Seeing better????  😎

Message 30 of 47
latest reply