cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eye Candy Wednesday

It has been a very long, hot, dry, humid, rainy, steamy summer here (it alternates).  Estate sales, yard sales, and flea markets have suffered.  I found only a few things this summer.   I have been bogged down with personal issues, and I miss seeing the posts and your finds here.  Please post some pretty things!!!

This is the only other thing I found of value this summer.  It was mixed in a tray of sterling silver rings, and it was cruddy.  It was sold as a sterling ring for $8.... it is 14k with an illusion-set little diamond.  You just never know....

Plat Diamond Solitaire T.jpgPlat Diamond Ring front.jpg

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Eye Candy Wednesday

What a fabulous find, marko!  You do better in your bad season than some of us do in our good seasons Smiley Happy.  That's a beauty!  Hope your personal issues are easing up.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Today is Eye Candy Thursday or something, looks like.... or Throwback Thursday maybe?  I melted some ugly if high karat gold beads today, poorly made but $120 later.... 

These didn't go to melt.

Victory pin, pot metalVictory pin, pot metalHuguenot cross - oldHuguenot cross - oldI'm not even tempted to eat this peach!I'm not even tempted to eat this peach!

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi Marko, good to see you.  I too hope things calm down for you so you can vist more often.  

JBK Camrose & Kross Repro of a Jackie Kennedy pieceJBK Camrose & Kross Repro of a Jackie Kennedy pieceJoan RiversJoan RiversJoan RiversJoan Rivers

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

A few more ....

Joan RiversJoan RiversJoan RiversJoan RiversHand Painted Russian Matryoshka Nesting Doll pinHand Painted Russian Matryoshka Nesting Doll pin

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yesterday I went to one of the thrift stores for the first time in about 2 years maybe.  I was dismayed to see the prices for mediocre jewelry.  

They had a few  glass vases stuffed full of broken jewelry, all sealed up with tape.  Horrible idea, I've seen this at a few of the thrifties and I hate the way jewelry gets mangled like this. 

Anyway, in one vase I noticed a chain that looked old. Victorian I thought, but I could only see about 2cms of the thing. For some reason I bought the jar (first one I have ever bought)  based on the "promise" of this piece of chain, obscured by pieces of plastic mardis gras beads.

Imagine my delight when, emerging from the schlock, out came this Victorian  silver and 9ct watch chain with a wonderful butterfly slide, with seed pearls, small garnets etc.

Not perfect,  but perfect for me! I can truly say it made my day. 

IMG_9448.JPG

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Score!  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, all.  Joan Rivers made some beautiful pieces.  I love the last butterfly the best.  

Wow on finding that jewel in a jar of stuff!!!  Yeah, I hate when they do that, but it worked for you!

Evelyb, I have never seen a Hugenots (I am sure I am spelling that wrong) cross.  Cool!

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It's supposed to have a dove where the dangly bit is, but this cross is homebrew so ... dunno.  It may always have been there or might be a replacement. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply