cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eye Candy Wednesday rides again.

Eye Candy Wednesday is here again.  Keep the images smaller to speed loading, and as usual nothing from a live auction.  Don't feed the trolls and Net Nannies.  

Three from the files.  The Czech necklace was a swish-gone sale.  The plique a jour cross is still here and probably not going anywhere unless I'm wearing it.   The ring sold years ago.  It's the closest I could find to an aquamarine (March birthstone) quickly.

Czech glass - sold quicklyCzech glass - sold quicklyBlue something in sterlingBlue something in sterlingplique a jour crossplique a jour cross

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Eye Candy Wednesday rides again.

I like the plique a jour cross.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Giddyap! Thanks for starting the thread, ev! The cross is cool!

Bakelite giraffe I sold a while ago:

bakelitegiraffe1.JPG

Trifari set I sold another while ago. It went for less than a 1/4 of what it would sell for today:

trifariset2.JPG

Still puzzling over this brooch. The blue rhinestones change to lavender in different lights:

colorchange4.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

LOVE the cross and that Trifari parure, had to pull out the drool rags and buckets.

Estee LauderEstee Lauder

Estee Lauder

UnsignedUnsigned

Unsigned

Unsigned BraceletUnsigned Bracelet 

Unsigned Bracelet

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Dream peddler, maybe you know this, but your brooch has (lab created or synthetic) Alexandrite stones since they are shifting between blue and purple in different types of light.  Florescent makes it look blue, and incandescent (or LED) make Alexandrite look purple.   If you Ebay search "Kramer Alexandrite"  there are several vintage examples.   Not saying your piece is Kramer, just used as an example as Kramer did a lot with Alexandrite.   Your brooch is great!  Had to gasp at the Trifari group you sold a while back. Can relate.  I sold a Schreiner ruffle pin for 1/4th (or less) of what it would currently go for, probably 8 years ago or so.  It was missing one stone and I was happy to get $145 at the time, but honestly it was kind of an unusual one.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Alexandrite glass is made with neodymium, a rare earth element.  Sometimes you can score and find whole vases and such made out of the glass.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up on the alexandrite rhinestones @meowantiques and ev. No, I did not know they made rhinestone ones. That certainly explains the color change. This brooch is very well made, which is why I've hung onto it for so long. Appreciate knowing a little more about it!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply