cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay case resolved, but I don't understand

I am confused.  I had a buyer who purchased an item.  After purchasing she wanted  refund.  She was a pain from day one.  I felt it was clearly buyers remorse.  Could not get the buyer to resolve issue, I turned it over to ebay to let them make the decision, this is what they came up with.  Help - what happened here, does this mean the buyer gets to keep the item or is ebay requiring her to return it to them.  I am cornfused....

Here's the case outcome

eBay Customer Support has refunded the buyer.

We're issuing the buyer a refund for this case. You don't need to do anything else. This case won't be included when we evaluate seller performance. Note: It may take up to 24 hours to update in your Seller Dashboard.

Final decision:

You were not found at fault.

Transaction summary:

Any remaining funds from this transaction are available

Case details

Case ID:

Buyer ID:

eyesofthestars

Request reason:

Request for return

Case reason:

I'm having trouble communicating with the buyer

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Ebay case resolved, but I don't understand

Wow I sure hope they do not issue the refund untill you get your item back ?

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Rain, I am confused.  How can they not find me at fault and then refund her the money.  I don't get it.  I am assuming since they didn't say I had to refund, that ebay will refund, but why if they agree I wasn't at fault...what am I missing, I feel "dumb stupid" right now after reading this.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I'm reading it that THEY are refunding the buyer to shut her up and she can keep the item, but see what others say.  They do that sometimes for a real PITA in the name of keeping customers happy.  IMHO, it encourages them to do the same thing again, but they don't care what I think

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Well that simply stinks IMHO - **bleep**....

Well you folks need to share and add to your blocked bidder list, she was  a PITA right from the beginning.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Well I sure hope they do not do that!!! To me that is out and out thieft!!! What does the seller get? not getting a ding? I would rather have the donut, how can they refund your money and let the buyer have the item free?

If that is the case I feel more then dumb and stupid , to be selling on ebay..

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

No worries . You are in the clear . eBay is refunding her $ . Your money is staying in your bank account . You will not get any defects. Yes she gets to keep the item . eBay bought it for her . It's like the jeweled feline says , eBay knows you are in the right , but they want to quiet a buyer , so they are willing to refund the buyer out of their own pocket to keep the peace . Just make sure you check your dashboard next week to make sure the defects for her openings the case are actually gone .
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

They told me they were refunding the money to her, but I am unsure, is it coming out of my account, or ebay's account...

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

They are . You were found - not at fault .
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I agree with Kay and mermaid.  Problem buyer.  I've seen it before.  She won't last long on ebay.  Check your dashboard in a couple days, save all correspondence from ebay, and thanks for the heads up and addition to the tool shed.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Coming out of eBay's account .
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Well doesn't that stink.  I mean, I am glad it is not coming out of my account, but seriously why didn't ebay just say "We agree with the seller, not with you, no refund will be forthcoming."   I mean this just encourages more bad behavior, IMHO.

So one last question, does the buyer get to neg me now too?

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Agreed ! It could very well teach that this behavior is acceptable .

It's like when the lady comes in the store to refund something , and is refused , so she raises her voice until she is yelling . The store rather than have everyone hear the scene , gives in and refunds her money . eBay just does not want to deal with her backlash . She raised just enough stink with them . They wanted to defuse the situation .
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Thanks again for the information and support I do so appreciate it.  I know I am not perfect, none of us are, but I could not put my head around this thing.  Thanks again all.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Oooops just saw your last question .

Yes she has the opportunity to leave feedback . If she leaves you a negative , you can have it removed . Just will eat up your time on the phone with eBay , so frustrating !

If she decides to ding your stars ....those will probably stay with you for a year ! Because it is her opinion . So unfair !
Message 15 of 21
latest reply