cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Recognize the "S" inside a Crown Hallmark on a Sterling Pendant?

This came from an estate sale.  It is marked STER and it is sterling with a real, light cream pearl in his mouth.  He's on a sterling box chain, but since there were other box chains the same size at the estate it may not be original to the pendant.  The mark looks to me like an "S" inside of a crown.  Maybe it's not a crown, but the general shape of a crown?  Definitely an S though inside something.  I love the way his tail wraps around to create the bale.    Any idea what the mark is?  I've found him listed a couple other places but the sellers don't appear to know the hallmark either.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

000_8556.JPG000_8564.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Found this one on here completed auction but with different hallmark says a PF?? Hard to see their hallmark though....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Na-Hoku-Pearl-Factory-Sterling-Silver-Saltwater-Akoya-Pearl-Gecko-Pendant-/1...

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Kinda looks like an S in a 5 pointed Star to me.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I found this out by accident but I'm so glad I did.  The beautiful lizard with the pearl in his mouth - awesome - that is a vintage hallmark of the Na Hoku from Hawaii.  The name Na Hoku means *Stars* and and man who started the jewelry store was named Edward Sultan, so the S works on both occasions.  It started out Sultan and at some point (see google information) became NaHoku.    It's not a star though, from speaking with a Na Hoku Representative, that is a crown with an S in it.  So there you go - check out Na Hoku and also Edward Sultan online but finally...problem solved!  lol 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Oh heavens.  Thank you everyone who responded.  I didn't see the responses until it was brought to my attention today 🙂  I've been in house hunting hell since September and now I'm in escrow hell so I'm lucky I know my own name.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Now I know who made the little devil, now if I could only find him again.  Half of what I own is in boxes so who knows at this point.  If I find him some time soon I will let you know pursueliving.  Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply