cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dangle necklace signed ART question for keyword help

Do you think the dangles are scales? Pretty gloomy here today so I was going thru a jewelry box and had had forgot I had it. The larger filigree medallion almost looks like it has a cross design, but what do I know? lol Thanks!

art necklace

Art dangles

art medallion

art back

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Dangle necklace signed ART question for keyword help

No help from me on thios..other than to say ART really had some cool items! 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The word ornate comes to mind-and pendulum even though it really isn't 🙂

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I wouldn't have guessed that was Art, but Art made some very cool pieces.  Except for the chain and clasp, it looks like a Victorian chatelaine.  The dangles may have some symbolism since they don't match.  The center one looks like a wax seal fob.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@dream*peddler wrote:

I wouldn't have guessed that was Art, but Art made some very cool pieces.  Except for the chain and clasp, it looks like a Victorian chatelaine.  The dangles may have some symbolism since they don't match.  The center one looks like a wax seal fob.

Hope I'm not showing my ignorance, but what is fob? I've heard the term, but honestly don't know other than something like a "key fob".

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

In olden times, they would seal a letter or document with wax.  At the end of a fob was usually a carved coat of arms or initials of the owner that would be impressed in the wax.  The fob end could be metal, glass or stone.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yes, it does look like a replica of a  "Victorian chatelaineand the wax seal is also what they look like. The slid looks like it was for a watch frop as well. Very nice ART is a good name.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I've been doing a search for victorian chatelaine and am going with that since it is the style. Found this site if anyone is interested.  http://www.langantiques.com/university/index.php/Châtelaine

Thanks as always for the help!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

For keywords, maybe "signed Victorian chatelaine revival necklace"...?   Other words for the description, maybe "open work" or "Fleur de lis" and I would also play up the size, looks like nice long necklace. 

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Maybe add in Pendant.

Vintage Victorian Revival Chatelaine Slide Style Pendant Necklace Signed Art
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@lucille.b wrote:

For keywords, maybe "signed Victorian chatelaine revival necklace"...?   Other words for the description, maybe "open work" or "Fleur de lis" and I would also play up the size, looks like nice long necklace. 

Thanks again everyone & lucille and OCN for the additional keyword help! I'm going to combine your suggestions when I do list this piece. So hard to figure out a happy price since I can't find anything similiar.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply