cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cuckoo Dilemma

I am really stuck on this one.

I'll be listing it on a fixed price venue and have no clue what price to set.

I had decided on asking 50 bucks til someone told me I'd be nuts to let it go that cheap.

It is so rare and beautiful but alas, there is no cuckoo.

Any suggestions?

024lead.jpg

005.jpg

Have a Blingful Day!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cuckoo Dilemma

This is one of those times when you should maybe consider listing it here. If there isn't enough past data to go on for this item in this condition ... an auction does seem the best route.  You could have two folks with only the cuckoo ..... the dream scenario of course would include a third party at the last minute! 

If you don't wish to do that, list it on the other site at a price that is top dollar (and $50 does seem too low  for such a rare item)  ...and  see how many views and favourites come in initially, this can be a good indicator, and if it languishes for months you can adjust the price or put it on sale  .... of course it might sell right off the bat and then you will be left wondering. 

Wish I could offer more concrete advice,

PS  I look at your shop on that other site whenever I get the chance, and it's  a feast for the eyes, just superb.

Arlene

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

An item this rare can go for a surprising amount even if imperfect. What I would do is put it up for auction at the lowest price you'll accept - either for skilled restoration or as a placeholder for a collector. It also helps if you're willing to ship worldwide - for some reason the buyers for "name" pieces with issues seem to be mostly in Eastern Europe.

flotsamlogo
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks Arlene and Blue! I agree this really should go to auction but that's not an option for me just now.

I guess I'll just put my happy price on it and see what happens.

Have a Blingful Day!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Freddy , why not just put your happy price as your starting bid ? It is so unique!!! Just a thought..

Message 5 of 5
latest reply