cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerning newer trend in jewelry.....

Hi,

It seems in the last 5 yrs or so that more & more designers have turned to Surgical Stainless Steel as a less expensive alternative for their genuine gemstone jewelry. Since it is 100% surgical grade, never tarnishes, & has no allergy concerns (that I'm aware of), can this jewelry be listed as fine jewelry? By the same token, what about designers that use solid brass for their designs? This may seem like a stupid question, but I think it warrants consideration particularly Stainless Steel. Please don't burn me at the stake for asking!

Thank you for your time!

jdcrx2001

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@jdcrx2001 wrote:

........ Since it is 100% surgical grade, never tarnishes, & has no allergy concerns (that I'm aware of), can this jewelry be listed as fine jewelry? By the same token, what about designers that use solid brass for their designs?........ 

Morning!  No burning here  lol..but in answer to the question...nope.. not unless Ebay changes their guidelines as seen here, & I kinda doubt that ever happens

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/jewelry.html

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Sarah is correct.  To be honest, I don't think it's a bad thing to be listed in Fashion Jewelry because the prices fit into the Fashion Jewelry expectations.  Just take advantage of the trend.  Now, for a little constructive criticism.  As many of us do, I looked at your items for sale.  I found some very nice things, and actually purchased a 1928 necklace.  Your listings are attractive and well-written.  However, I would be very careful of the multi-color print, expecially on another color.  The light orange on the pale blue, is particularly jarring to the eye and difficult to read.   You might want to tone this down a bit when you fix the items in the wrong category.  Not meaning to sound picky - just thought this might help.  (Also, 1928 is a brand desired by many, and you might want the brand in the title rather than burying it in the description!)

Good luck to you and please return,

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi Sara, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I felt that ST STL would likely be stuck under the fashion label, but I just like to have someone to concur! lol  I appreciate the fact that you are not a pyromaniac also.....I can't handle the heat & I'm not afraid to admit it!! Smiley Wink

Best Wishes,

Jami

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thank you Kay,

I appreciate constructive criticism, particularly when it is truly constructive & your suggestions are quite viable! I will certainly run back over my listings & make some adjustments. I will make sure to put the 1928 label in my title next time! All of this is quite helpful, & may even improve my sales! Perhaps I should come here more often!  Smiley Happy  It helps to get info from more experienced sellers such as Sarah & yourself. Thank You, Thank You!

I'm especially appreciative that you took the time to see my listings & actually purchased from me! What a wonderful surprise! 

Best wishes to you also,

Jami.

Hi, My name is Mystic! My nickname is Spaz!

SAM_0397.JPG

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Oh what a doll is Spaz!  

Welcome to you both..come back more often..we`re a fun group, & we don`t bite! !  (might nibble once in awhile.)  Cat Wink

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

And thank you for not "getting an attitude!"  Yes, I'm not a seller, but think most of the sellers here would say a brand name or signature should be prominentlly featured, as you did with your HSN products.  Welcome, and hope to see you here again..  You'll meet great sellers with lots of experience and great ideas.  They bellieve in keywords and making your title count!  Looking forward to my 1928 necklace and thank you for the prompt shipment notification.   

Kay
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

And yes, Spazz is darling.  You'll find a lot of animal lovers here, and we like to see lots of pics.

Kay
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

jdcrx2001 , 

I think you got some great advice . Just wanted to comment on Adorable Lil Mystic . What a cutie . 

Welcome to our group , we have a lot of fun while we learn a bit . 

Mermaid 🌺

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

That kitty is adorable!

Welcome to the clan!

Carolynheart

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hi Mermaid,
I feel the same way about the advice. Thank you for the warm reception! It means a lot to me at this time in my life! She really is a doll, but WOW does she have energy! She makes me tired just watching her play! ~~ Jami
~~ Jami
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thank you Carolyn for your kind message! You are all wonderful & I look forward to reading & learning more! ~~ Jami
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

We have a new Chat thread each month, as well as a weekly Coming Attractions go give a sneak peek at items going up that week

Kay
Message 13 of 13
latest reply