cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carven / Paris Earrings -- Info. Needed

Greetings!

I picked up these earrings at a yard sale a couple of years ago, and would like to list them, but I've hit a wall on finding info. about them.

There is quite a bit of data displayed just on the back of the earrings. Firstly, there is the name of the designer / maker, which is Carven. I searched, online, and found that Carven is a company out of Paris, and that they still make jewelry and clothing, but I've been unable to find any sort of history of the company, nor have I found another pair of these earrings -- or, really, anything like them.

Also on the back of the earrings is the designation "255" and the words "Modele Depose."

In my various searches for information, I've discovered that Carven has made both costume pieces and pieces made of 14K or 18K gold. I'm sure that these earrings are just costume, as there is nothing on them to indicate any genuine gold content.

Style-wise, the earrings look, to me, to be from the '70s, but they sport what I believe is a newer -- narrower -- style of clip mechanism, and I've been unable to find info., online, about the years in which the different clip-on mechanisms were used, so I can't be sure exactly how old they are.

The earrings are in a star, or starfish, shape (although they have 6 points). They are quite large -- about 1 3/8 inches across -- and feature clusters of small, opaque turquoise, cabochons, in oval, pear, and round domed shapes. I believe the stones are glass.

Does anyone know anything about the Carven company? Any ideas on exactly how old these earrings are? Any thoughts on value? I'm stuck! 361.JPG378.JPG393.JPG388.JPG383.JPGAny information or thoughts will be welcome and very much appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Oh, wow .... Thanks for the link to the Wikipedia page! I don't know why that didn't turn up in my search ... or maybe it did and I just didn't notice it. Sure wish it contained more info. about her jewelry. A lot of what I've found online focuses on the fashion division of her company, but I have found almost nothing that includes any detail about the jewelry.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

According to this site, the CARVEN jewelry line was launched in 1966.

http://www.fashionencyclopedia.com/Bo-Ch/Carven.html

According to the French Wikipedia page, the jewelry line was launched later, in 1968.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carven

Debora

Message 4 of 4
latest reply