cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butterfly sachet pin age help

I could only find one like it. Maybe I'm using the wrong word when I say sachet. Any help appreciated. 

20200802_095001.jpg

20200802_095038.jpg

20200802_095017.jpg

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Butterfly sachet pin age help

Interesting.  It does look like it has some kind of filler stuffed inside of it?  Perhaps it`s a vinagrette pin?  

Dunno..just guessing

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I sold something similar many years ago. Mine was a spider with cotton inside the body. I'll see if I can find a picture. I called it a perfume pin and thought it was pre WWII. Yours might be newer as it looks heavier construction.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I went to my FB and found the Title I used. I haven't found a picture yet. I think, if I remember correctly, the C Clasp was the paddle shape.

Vintage Enamel Perfume Spider Brooch C Clasp Cold Painted Stylized Critter Bug (#200704110990)
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

With your help, I have found perfume and "scent bug" so now I have some more items out there to get a feel for age. They are saying 1940s. I don't know why this feels newer than that to me. I was thinking 1960s. Anyone else? I will see if I can find more info before I list it. The little stones are super sparkly.

eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I think it maybe from where someone has tried to enhance it with paint. From what I have read they put the stones in after it was painted not before. The sloppy paint job looks added to me.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

My Photobucket Account is not available. I went to sign in and received a message I had to sign up for a package or they would delete 632 images. Probably don't have the image anymore 😞 😬
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Tables on the Rhinestones look small which points to earlier piece. It might be the rivets that have you thinking newer?
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

They all look like that. I've found several now 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

yes. Since I made that last post and using different keywords I found Coro made a ladybug like this in the 1940s. Also found several just like mine. Cold enamel, all had some chipping or wear to the enamel. So, 1940s is when I think they made these.

Thank you all!!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I have one exactly like yours...sloppy paint also.  I had inquired on FB about it last year and was told perfume pin 1940's.   

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thank you all!!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply