cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to list pieces that have been modified or altered?

I bought this piece and was so excited I didn't closely inspect it or count the links, grrrrr. What would be the best term to use....A link has been removed to shorten the length. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Best way to list pieces that have been modified or altered?

143335674_3027291647501935_2460136540247763387_n.jpg143345520_3027291574168609_2261850168211189782_n.jpg143371877_3027291604168606_4841328143958869498_n.jpg

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I would state the following:
this piece has been altered from its original makers intent
a link has been removed thereby shorting length to ______(put new length in bold face lettering)
that is my suggestion( that is VERY short )

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

D&E (?) Bracelet Shortened Link Removed?
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thanks, It is D&E a confirmed one is on the site just different color (5-Link Red) is where I found it... it's 7" in length .

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Gorgeous 😁

The term "Removed" in conjunction with "Link" is how I remember this type of alteration was discussed in the past.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I agree with terry for the description. My keywords were meant for the title. Maybe put the altered length in the title and the item specifics.

This is a piece that is wearable which might appear to some collectors.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@hoss640 wrote:

Thanks, It is D&E a confirmed one is on the site just different color (5-Link Red) is where I found it... it's 7" in length .

7 in. is still a very standard length, maybe a little on the smaller side, but the shortening should not affect a sale.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

It appeared very short in picture but i agree  7 in length is pretty stand
beautiful bracelet

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Looked at the coming attractions and I am wondering about the butterfly. If maybe the orange stones are Hyacinth?

imageevent.com/kjwshoppingalbums/destones

Also, I have a vague memory that some D&E Butters having orange florescent stones. I think @flipping_treasures posted them somewhere. I thought on her imageevent site but could not find them there.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Crow, I was on her sight earlier today looking at necklace types, I will go back later and check it out. Unfortunately life happens and you have to get let go of your treasures for reason that life throw at you....Many thanks again for all your help....  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I would use the word altered to describe this piece in the title and then in the description describe the fact that one of the links is missing.  Also since you did find the piece on the D&E site you could also state where and how to search for it.  You can't of course post a link to the site, but you can use the name of the site since nothing is for sell there and most D&E collectors are very familiar with the site.  And yes, D&E used both florescent green and orage stones is some of their pieces, but not all. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply