cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recognize this mark?

Does anyone recognize this mark?  It looks like warrior maybe holding a spear and a shield, but the top part is missing.  What I think may be a shield has an E on it.  I've tried searching online, but have had zero luck finding anything that looks like this.  The mark is on a bar pin that charms can be attached to and I'm pretty sure it dates back to around the 1960's or 1970's.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

mark on bar pin.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Anyone recognize this mark?

Please post a picture of the front of the piece. Sometimes researching the piece might help if another is found with the Mark identified.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This is the front of the bar pin.  It's about 1 1/8" long and 1/4" tall including the scalloped loops.  The top part of the mark on the back is where one of the open loops is located.

bar pin.JPG

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I think they meant a pic of the whole piece
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Could you attach photos of the entire piece, both front and back?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I understand now!  The photo that I posted does show the entire bar pin.  The rings that you see are holding some baby charms that I hung on the pin for my children.  They aren't original to the pin.  It's just basically a bar with the little loops at the bottom for adding charms.  The pin originally belonged to my grandmother and she had little silhouette charms on it for her grandsons.  I know she had the pin in the 1960's.  I was just trying to figure out from the mark on the back who might have made it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That helps. Thank you. Some companies had kinda nitch markets that they made items for.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I haven't found that mark, and I've been looking! The mark looks like an Etruscan warrior to me, but so far no luck.

If you have a photo of the back of the pin that includes the clasp (the whole pin mechanism), that might help us narrow down the time period.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply