cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 First Quarter Chat - JANUARY - FEBRUARY - MARCH

2021Chat.jpg

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 293
latest reply
292 REPLIES 292

Re: 2021 First Quarter Chat - JANUARY - FEBRUARY - MARCH

A bit concerned about Sandy..I haven`t see her post & I emailed another former boardie that is also in Texas..no word from her either..hope they have not lost power!!

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 181 of 293
latest reply

Hopefully they have not lost power!

Thanks so much! I might try that this weekend, gramma always made her's with meringue, so I'll probably stick that on the top!
Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 182 of 293
latest reply

I just had contact from a former boardie in Tx..her power is in & out due to the rolling blackouts..she said she was out 15 hours yesterday..her apt was 40 degrees & it was 1 degree outside this morning....she`s out of fire logs & of course can`t go out to try & find any. (I really doubt she can find any even if she could get out)

She said she`s hoping to heat soup if the power comes on & stays on long for her to heat it  & put in thermoses.  I feel for her and everyone else there..has to be awful with those temps!! 

So everyone that will... just keep sending up prayers their nitemare soon be over. And for Sandy too..that she`s not in same situation..but I have a feeling she might be. ☹️

Message 183 of 293
latest reply

OH BABY ... it's cold and white outside!  So far, I haven't lost electric which is a good thing, since my whole house is electric.  But there is no going out.  The streets are nothing but ice with a snow covering and then ice again.  An emergency truck just went by with sirens blaring and lights flashing at about 15 maybe 20 miles an hour.  Texas is not prepared for this.  There are no sand or salt trucks and no snow plows.  

However, I'm an old Iowa girl and you can use a candle to warm up soup, lots of layers, and Stimulus can get me through anything.  Also, John said if my electric goes out he will come get me, they have a wood burning fireplace.

My main problem is, I sold a brooch on Tuesday and it looks like there is no way to mail it until at least Friday or maybe Saturday.  Oh well.  I did write the buyer to let them know, but haven't heard back from them.

So stay safe and stay warm everyone.   

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 184 of 293
latest reply

Thanks for posting..I wuz thinkin about a search party!  LOL   But then I knew it would get stuck too. 

Seriously my heart is hurting for all affected right now..my son is in Ky..he said his power has been in & out..they`ve had snow sleet & ice since last weekend & expecting more snow today 

I haven`t heard anything from Linda this morning..I`ll tip her off to the 'candle cooking' (if she has any)

Message 185 of 293
latest reply

Sandy so glad to hear from you and so glad you still have power!

Thinking about Linda, hope she's staying warm and is able to have her soup...

I think I read where this a 100 year event for Texas? (I might be wrong on the number of years) so the stuff I take for granted here in Illinois (warm layering clothes, salt trucks...all that good jazz) would be silly to stock up on in Texas when they don't get this kind of storm very often!!! (well maybe not some of my layers, lol, my bottom layer is leggings that I wear by themselves when it's warmer! LOL).

It's still cold and still snowing here, but thankfully we still have power and gas.

I'm looking forward to a warm up, that's for sure!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 186 of 293
latest reply

Hmmm..I might have to re-consider after seeing this one!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnv9Wrr0R4

Message 187 of 293
latest reply

LOL I spied a chamber pot under a bed!!  LOL  

One thing is for sure..if I wuz living there & saw  Spider up in a corner..I guarantee it would have to become a  house pet..no easy way to get it down!    

Message 188 of 293
latest reply

Now let`s go to Bel Air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQEOK8I-Czc

OH    JUST     WOW!!!!!!!!!!!  😲

Message 189 of 293
latest reply

Way out of my price range and don't think I would want to be one of the staff either.  LOL

Just checking in to say I survived the 2021 deep freeze in Texas.  Now all I need is for the water to be restored so I can take a shower!

Made it next door yesterday to get Stimulus' second set of shots.  He is growing and being a typical puppy. 

9 Weeks Old - 2-14-21 (2).JPG

Message 190 of 293
latest reply

Yea!!!!!!!!!!  Puppy pic!!!    He`s so stinkin adorable!!  

Glad you survived the nitemare so far...prayers that your water will be restored soon.  It`s just heart breaking to see all that happened there! 

And  now reading of the astronomical bills people are receiving?? That makes no sense at all..it`s only been a few days..I don`t understand how Tx utilities work.  I saw one figure for 16K??   And another..for over 600... that their bill was normally little over 100.   I`d have dropped over dead on the spot!!

Was the hotel fire last nite anywhere close to you?  

Message 191 of 293
latest reply

I know, the bills are really bad.  It will be interesting to see what mine is.

No the hotel fire wasn't by me, it was over on John's side of town.  Horrible thing to happen right in the middle of all this.

Just went out and used a coal shovel to shovel some of the snow off the drive ... then I hit the underlying ice.  It has to be an inch to an inch in a half thick.  Busted some of it up and then thought ... Mother Nature put it there ... she can take it away.

Message 192 of 293
latest reply

HI Guys

Glad to hear you are doing well Sandy. I've been wondering how things have been for you. I have a classmate that has been posting pics of the empty grocery shelves. Hope you are doing well with food for you and Stimulus. 

Nicholas has missed a lot of school with Snow days. Mainly due to negative temps.

Messes with the daycare too as we have several children that stay with us on No School days. 

Hubby is still sorting the large jewelry lot he bought at the last flea market. I have to admit he has a ton of great pieces and between him and Adam I am still getting a lot of pressure to get back into selling. I've been trying to think of ways that online selling will work in this house. It will take some organizing but its more about just getting my feet wet again and figuring it all out with all the changes. guess its just a little overwhelming. 

Hope you all are staying warm and safe.

DW

Photobucket

Message 193 of 293
latest reply

No explanation needed.. be sure to click on the audio button

https://madlyodd.com/paul-harvey-1964-prediction/

Message 194 of 293
latest reply

Sandy glad you and Stimulus have survived the deep freeze of Texas!

We're coming out of ours as well, thankfully! Getting some warmer temps and it's melting the snow, which I think is great! (I don't much care for snow, lol)

Good to see you, Denwolf! 

This is my second afghan with velvet yarn, let me tell you, this stuff is amazing to crochet with, feels like I'm crocheting a cloud. however it worms, very badly and I didn't research until after the first afghan I made came out of the washer and dryer looking pretty bad. Did some research and found it's best to use small tight stiches, so that's why this second one is made with the granite stitch. I promised the adopted nephew that I'd make him another one when the first one I made falls apart. Second one is for the other adopted nephew, and hopefully I don't have to remake his. The photos don't really do it justice, it is very soft and looks amazing!

Moss stitch velvet 02 21 21.jpg

I also made a couple pairs of house slippers this weekend, it was fun. They are supposed to take about 1 hour for each pair, it's more like 1 hour per slipper!

J & T .jpg

Message 195 of 293
latest reply