cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the chances my items will be seen by buyers?

I'm a small volume seller with lots of inventory. What are my changes that my items will be seen in the search. With the limited search and all the promoted listings from big box sellers, how does someone like me stand a chance for survival here?   

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hello, @tweetystwades

None.

- @itsmostlikelytrashnottreasure

-------

If my post helped, please give it a thumbs up!

If my post was the solution, please "Accept As Solution"

If I didn't do either of those don't give me either!

Yes, this is my posting account!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@itsmostlikelytrashnottreasurewrote:

Hello, @tweetystwades

None.

-------

Not helpful, just negative

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@tweetystwades

Forgive for my sarcasm...

What are the chances, hmm...

I am a small seller like you on a different account and I will be packing my bags most likely...

Probably not very high, I wouldn't count on it...

-------

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Your chances are good as long as you are using good titles, which you seem to be.  I looked at your listings, and the first I saw were Island Escape Shorts.  So I did a search for "Island Escape Board Shorts" and yours were #2 and #3 in my search.  You also have several watchers on multiple items, so you're obviously being seen.  That being said, you are not the lowest price of the 266 listing that popped up.  Most people are going to purchase the lower priced item if they are identical.  So it's not so much about being seen, but having your pricing in line with your competitors.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@itsmostlikelytrashnottreasurewrote:

@tweetystwades

Forgive for my sarcasm...

What are the chances, hmm...

I am a small seller like you on a different account and I will be packing my bags most likely...

Probably not very high, I wouldn't count on it...

-------

I have so much inventory, this situation will leave me in a hole. If no one will see my product, why would I work so hard to make it work here.  Last years update was our warning.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@jklfindingswrote:

Your chances are good as long as you are using good titles, which you seem to be.  I looked at your listings, and the first I saw were Island Escape Shorts.  So I did a search for "Island Escape Board Shorts" and yours were #2 and #3 in my search.  You also have several watchers on multiple items, so you're obviously being seen.  That being said, you are not the lowest price of the 266 listing that popped up.  Most people are going to purchase the lower priced item if they are identical.  So it's not so much about being seen, but having your pricing in line with your competitors.

Which is going to be a race to the bottom. I've always tried not to compete price wise, because my listings are accurate and my FB speaks for it's self. We all buy things from different wholesalers, I can't afford to lower my pricing to what the bigger sellers are offering. You see I've sold lots of those shorts already.  

Would you please do me a favor, because I can't get a response from ebay. I have multi variation listings, and when I search they all show up as different listing. It is so confusing, no one will ever buy anything from me.

Here's the link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NY-Collection-Womens-Semi-Sheer-Checkered-Button-Down-Top-Blouse-Plus-Size-...

Thank you your help.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply