cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Image Scan Group – Read this first!

Next-level selling is here. You can now list Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Magic: The Gathering singles faster with image detection technology. Here’s how to get started:

1. Open the eBay app. Tap “List an item” to start your listing, type (upper or lower case) “MTG” or “Magic the Gathering,” “Pokemon,” or “YuGiOh” and select “Tap to search with your camera.”
  2. Point your camera at a card. Computer vision detects your card and matches your scan to possible results.
  3. Select your match. Key listing item specifics and title are automatically prefilled. Complete your listing with your own photos, price, shipping details, and condition.

This group is designed for us to gather your input and help refine this tool to make listing cards on eBay quick, painless and fun. We've set up three places for you to provide input:

• If you have general questions, comments, or feedback about this feature please leave it below by clicking 'reply' in the lower right corner of this post.
  • If you're running into an error please report that in this thread.
  • If your card is not found please let us know in this thread.
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@kaijucardsclub wrote:

I'd like an option to bring up the image scanner while I'm editing a draft. Using the image scanner feature doesn't save me any time if I can't use it in conjunction with a listing template. Thanks.

@kaijucardsclub - thanks for the feedback and we'll make sure to share it with the team!

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@thecardbox wrote:

Ah, never mind. If there isn’t recent sales, it doesn’t detect a price. Got it.

Curious if an added feature could be defaulting the Condition to “Used” and the Graded to “No” since all cards are used and the tool is for raw cards only. Would save just a little more time!

@thecardbox - thanks for the feedback and that's a great suggestion. Will definitely have the team look into it! BTW, you're correct about the pricing guidance, if there is recent sales data, then it will be available. 🙂 We understand pricing guidance is important to our sellers and will share this feedback with the team.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Appreciate your response 🙂

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

What I mean is that, as a seller, I use the ebay listing template feature so that I can pre-define shipping method, return policy, handling time, shipping restrictions, etc, etc, etc.  it would be nice if I could specify which listing template a scan should use, and the scan app would over-ride item specifics information based on ebay's catalog details (name of card, set, card number, etc).

Ebay Templates:

mtghunter_0-1624386201753.png

Item specifics:

mtghunter_1-1624386307712.png

Please advise.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

@mtghunter wrote:

What I mean is that, as a seller, I use the ebay listing template feature so that I can pre-define shipping method, return policy, handling time, shipping restrictions, etc, etc, etc.  it would be nice if I could specify which listing template a scan should use, and the scan app would over-ride item specifics information based on ebay's catalog details (name of card, set, card number, etc).

Ebay Templates:

mtghunter_0-1624386201753.png

Item specifics:

mtghunter_1-1624386307712.png

Please advise.

@mtghunter totally understand. At the moment, the app does not support the listing templates functionality, but this is something we hope to add in the future as we build out more feature support parity between web and app!

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

Hey there!

When will this feature be available in the app for Australia?

Thanks

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Hi, when will this feature be available in the Australian App?

Thanks! 🙂

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@downsouthgoods2018 wrote:

Hi, when will this feature be available in the Australian App?

Thanks! 🙂

@downsouthgoods2018 - thanks for the question, we don't have a definite timeline yet but we will share this with our team. We hope to get this out to as many sellers as possible!

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Thank you. I want List Pokemon

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Hey,

Any update on this feature for Australia yet? 🙂

Thanks

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Any updates to include baseball cards yet? 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

I am also wishing for this feature to be applied to Japanese Pokémon cards. I have a lot of beautiful ones that I know would sell but listing them individually is not as nice as with the detection. I do love the detection thing, thank you so much for it, almost always works great!

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Same as the others asking for sports cards. I know there are lots of pokemon, M.T.G., scanning apps out there and no sports card ones (that work). I could imagine all the different refractor versions would cause problems with the a.i.'s vision but I wonder, is it even technologically possible to do sports cards reliably yet? Or even anytime soon? Thanks!

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Hi

Is this not available on the UK app?

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Greetings...

My name is Scott Barnett (eBay name - ssrrh1995). I have, primarily been a buyer, collector over the last year or two. However, I would say I have been investing as well. I am a retired Firefighter/Paramedic and Army Veteran. I spent a couple of years or so, after retiring from both of the above positions, not really knowing what to do. My wife enrolled me into an entrepreneur course, and this is where I got the idea to buy/sell/trade sports cards and other collectibles. My goal is to create a business that donates 40-50% of my proceeds to charities. (I plan on donating to organizations and/or individual veteran and firefighter families who lost a loved one due to a LODD) Line of Duty Death. The name of the business is 1 Tribe Trader (1 Tribe Trading , LLC)

I discovered this forum looking for a way or (shortcut) to create a spreadsheet (or csv?) Or... is individually typing in each purchase (into the spreadsheet) the only way to do it? Thank you, in advance, for anyone who may be able to assist me. 

Very Respectfully

Scott Barnett

1TribeTrader

Message 30 of 31
latest reply