cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Would You Do?

A buyer purchased one of my plants as a gift for someone else. I received a request from the giftee to return the plant because the gifter sent something they didn't want. I have a 'no return' policy. I want to do the right thing. What would you do?

Also the buyer hasn't left feedback yet. What if I get negative feedback for not accepting the return?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What Would You Do?

They didn't buy it from you, they are a gift receiver, so they can't leave you feedback. They have already admitted to you that the reason they want to return it is that they didn't want it. So it is a remorse return. If they then come back and say it is defective, then you can contact ebay if the actual purchaser leaves negative feedback. Keep the e-mail the gift receiver sent you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What Would You Do?

@quercusnut60

If they don't want it, they can give it back to the buyer.

Tell them, the original buyer would be the one to return it.

Since you have a no return policy, it's up to you if you want to accept a return.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What Would You Do?

Just respond respectfully that you are sorry that they don't like the plant, but that you do not offer returns.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

What Would You Do?

Thanks. And if I get negative feedback?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What Would You Do?

They didn't buy it from you, they are a gift receiver, so they can't leave you feedback. They have already admitted to you that the reason they want to return it is that they didn't want it. So it is a remorse return. If they then come back and say it is defective, then you can contact ebay if the actual purchaser leaves negative feedback. Keep the e-mail the gift receiver sent you.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

What Would You Do?

Thank you. Will do.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

What Would You Do?

FWIW, I don't accept returns either. But if someone really wants a remorse return, I will let them return it if they pay the return shipping. No problem, I can sell it again.

But your situation is different. It's the gift receiver that wants the return. You don't have any way to send the gift receiver any money back, which is what he wants. Also, I'm guessing your item is perishable, and it has already gone through the mail to one address and then transported to another address, so if it gets returned that is a 3rd trip, plant might not be sellable when you get it back.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

What Would You Do?

Thanks. I did send it to the giftee at the buyer's request. So it would be a 2-way trip. Still I told them they would have to resolve their issue with the buyer.

It seems a little off that the giftee would come to me for a problem they had with the buyer. It was a gift for crying out loud.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it and feel better about the whole thing now.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply