cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The colored watermellon & strawberries scam

Just want to make people aware that the blue, purple, etc watermelon or strawberries are a scam/hoax. The photos are photoshopped and the sellers fail to state they are not real.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why is it so difficult for eBay to do anything about these listings? They're always among the top results in plant categories.

Not only that, some are selling those monkey face orchid seeds. It's so sad hundreds of people are duped on a weekly, maybe even daily, basis. Orchid seeds.... guys, you need really specific conditions to get these to sprout. And most people will never figure it out. But oh well what is a dollar lost?
These sellers ruin your buying and selling experience by clogging up the search results and appearing among the first of every category related to plants. And eBay seems to do nothing about it!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Just want to add that rainbow rose seeds are a scam too.

And orchid seeds are impossible to germinate unless you have a lab to do this. Or sow them in a very specific conditions for that species (fat chance there). It's not even worth the time and effort for 99.9% of people. And I'm very dubious if you even get real orchid seeds at all there.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've repeatedly reported these listings.  When I report them I included the original unphotoshopped images, and screenshots of and links to debunking articles.  The listings stay up and I neveer hear anything back.  Ebay just doesn't care.  These listings are scamming people and eBay has been made aware of the scam.  By leaving the listings up they are complicit to and profiting from that scam.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply