cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palo Santo Trademark/Copyright Violations

Many years ago we were told by Ebay that we could not use the term 'Palo Santo' because it had been  trademarked/copyrighted by somebody in Italy. Despite it being the common name for a tree!! We have used it's lesser known (hence less searched for ) name 'Holy Wood' ever since. But it is REALLY starting to rankle now that there are MANY other listings using 'Palo Santo' (512 came up in my search this morning). Does this mean we can return to using 'Palo Santo?? Or will we be jumped on and penalised by Ebay?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Since you are now on Ebays radar, I wouldnt relist..the others just havent been reported yet.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's possible the rules have changed around the item name - sometimes patents run out.  It's also possible, many years ago, your listing was pulled incorrectly - that is known to happen. 

At this point you could call ebay and see if it's okay to list your Palo Santo tree.  I kind of like the "Holy Wood" name!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply