cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One dollar door

Went to another estate auction and purchased a door for one dollar to replace the old door with a doggies door cut into it that came with the old house. Measurements were right and thought this door will drop right into the frame and simple Simon switch. "Wrong" old house door 1.5 inches thick, light hollow door and new door 1.75 inches thick solid wood entry door full of French style glass panes. Got door Saturday and painted, new hardware, on Sunday; "whoops" rebuilt frame to fit the fat heavy door on Monday, hang door and drill double key deadbolt locking system on Tuesday, trim out interior. What I thought would take a couple hours ended in a three day project. My one dollar door cost $50.00 in new parts and the "Honey do it" project complete. Next "honey do" project is fix the doggie door?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

One dollar door

Been waiting on free auction listings and got 100 fixed price listings free offer. My "Buy it now" has always been the never will sell on eBay section. This month one non-pay and two returns wanting free stuff. So, I'm doing my "honey do" list around the house and bypassing great estate auctions. Put the doggies door on the water heater room in the basement.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply