cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Help with these Quilts

About to list these pieces and I am hoping that someone can tell me the patterns. 

Also, the first 2 are quite old and some patches are threadbare - are they even worth listing in this condition? 

Finally, what is the correct term for the 3rd piece which I refer to as quilt top or cover? - it never was attached to a backing.  Thanks for your help.

QUILT (1).JPGQUILT SIGNED (2).JPGQUILT COVER (3).JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

#2 is a crazy quilt.  #1 is trying to be a crazy quilt but is not as old.  Not sure of the pattern in #3.  Is is a quilt topper?  (meaning it doesn't have a backing with a layer between)

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks - #3 has no backing, just the patches stitched together ... so this makes it a topper?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You might want to do some internet research to see if #3 includes some flour sack fabrics.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sorry to drop in with a question; Is there an era for crazy quilts? I thought that was just a description of a quilt top made up of random pieces.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes.  Someone can take this and add fabric to the back with a layer in between and create a quilt. I have sold them at antique shows.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Crazy quilts have no pattern, just random.  The older ones include different types of stitching and use rich looking fabrics, like velvet and silk.  The smaller pieces used can become threadbare.  I love the ones that include black velvet and rich jewel tones, as they look less country and almost modern.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply