cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, first time poster on here...I have a question about a seller who has two things up for auction

I am new here (in this discussion area) and have found two items at totally outrageous prices, with "buy it now" and also free shipping.  One is a huge 32'x16'x52" rectangular pool package, pump and everything included, and advertised at $39.00(including shipping)! These pool pkg.'s sell from between $1500 and 2200, with big discounts from other sellers. This is also the Buy it  Now price ($39.00).  He says he has "more than 10 available and already has 5 sold.  There is no feedback yet because it is so early in the game. 

The second item is an "Inflatable Water Park" Crocodile Island Slide & Ball House (balls included) .  These sell for around $800.  on here and he is offering these as "Buy it Now" for $40.00, shipping included.  He says he has more than  10 available and has already sold 16 in the last 24 hours....again, no feedback available yet.

I am afraid this is a scam in the making but can find nowhere to alert other than this forum.  He claims to not accept returns but says "you are covered by the ebay money-back Guarantee.  He has no feedback records since all his transactions are over a year old.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, first time poster on here...I have a question about a seller who has two things up for auction

I think there's a Report button under every listing.

Janet

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Just curious... Are you even remotely interested in purchasing this item/service ???

These boards are generally used for identification.

You said you could find nowhere else to report this, but right on your ebay page you can report a suspicious item.

Best, Linda

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I think there's a Report button under every listing.

Janet

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi, and thanks for answering; like I said, I am new at this "reporting" issue.  Of course I would like to "Buy it Now" a $2000.(approx.) pool for $39.00 buy it now with no shipping charge!  Who wouldn't?

Again, thanks for your time in replying.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If it sounds to good to be true....

Well, you know the rest! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

SHOLD BE AN EBAY RULE: IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, MAYBE IT ISN'T...SO WALK AWAY. 

YOU CAN REPORT IT, BUT HAS TO BE A REAL REASON... IF THEY SCAM..IT SHOULD SHOW UP IN FEEDBACK OR CS WILL GET CALLS....

IF ITS NOT AND THE GUY IS LOSING MONEY , THEN HE MAY JUST BE STUPID..... DON'T BUY UNLESS YOU COULD LOSE YOUR MONEY...LIKE INVESTING...ALWAYS SOME RISK WHEN BUYING ON LINE....BUT EBAY HAS SOME PROTECTION FOR YOUR MONEY....

BUT GO WUTH YOUR GUT.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Look out for Electronics and iphone sellers.  Lots of them will have sale or low price, then jack up the price on someone they can scam and get away with.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Prefabricated pool prices are so cheap ... are there true?

You should consider when choosing services!

quyet
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Caveat emptor

These scams show up from time to time, usually in electronics.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply