cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Westrim looper for Beaded Christmas Tree

Hello everyone:

I am looking to buy a westrim looper to make the miniature beaded christmas tree.  Please contact me if you have one to sell or know of one that I could buy.  I don't need the whole kit. 

Thank you,

Cindy

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Westrim looper for Beaded Christmas Tree

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

I have one

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

I have one
Message 18 of 44
latest reply

I have the instruction
Message 19 of 44
latest reply

If you haven’t received the information you need, y. I have made quite a few and can send you all of the info you need. Ckndi

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

If you are still looking for the directions you can text me at+12253806707 and I will be happy to send everything I know about them. Ckndi 

Message 21 of 44
latest reply

I have the direction  

And the maker 

I just want  to  sell it 

Thank you 

I would  love to see what the tree looks like finished 

Message 22 of 44
latest reply

Hi. Thank you I was able to purchase the Looper and Instructions I appreciate you getting touch with me. Thanks Again. Joan
Message 23 of 44
latest reply

Do you have the direction for the use of the looper?

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

Yes I have the directions I bought them on e-bay. thank you so much. Joan
Message 25 of 44
latest reply

Hello Westrim Mini Christmas Tree Makers,

I have the tree kit, ornament kit, and now thanks to Cyndi I can make a branch looper.  I have not been able to find the directions on line for the looper. I don't usually want to follow directions but it would be nice to have a how to for these branches. Anyone have a place to find them?

Message 26 of 44
latest reply

I would love to see the picture of the finished tree
I will look for my directions

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

The directions for making the looper are further back in the discussion.  NOW, I will attempt to describe how I made my branches.  If you have the directions, they are different from what I have done, but after many trees I find that my limbs are smoother.  Once you do a few you will understand.  First, I do ten limbs of each size instead of seven.  It makes a fuller tree and people who have done ten said they were happier with the results.  If your wires are not pre-cut, you will have seven different lengths: A/7 1/2" - B/12" - C/15" - D/19" - E/23" - F/27" - G/31".  I make 10 of each and they are probably a couple of inches longer than the kits.  You can always cut the excess and save the beads, no loss, but you can't add to it if it's too short!  I stop the beads about 1" from each end and put a piece of scotch tape around the wire.  There is a purpose which will come up later.  First limb:  fold you wire in half and loop it around the A dowel.  Once a circle is made, take it off of the dowel and twist the wire to keep the circle round.  If your beads are too tight, the twisting will cause the beads to be clumpy.  This is when you pull the tape down a little to loosen the beads and you will be twisting only the wire.  Once you have your first loop, put it back on the A dowel and take one of the wires and twist it around B dowel.  Take it off and twist exactly like the first one.  Flip the limb, put the first circle back on A dowel and repeat with the other wire.  You now should have a center circle and one on each side.  bring the two wires together as close to the circles as possible and twist.  If there are extra beads, pull the tape and excess beads off of the ends and continue twisting the wire til it ends.  This is your first limb.  Each successive limb will have an extra set of loops.  The directions tell you to loop the wired beads from A to whatever letter you are on all at once.  When I tried this, I found that I didn't have room to twist the wire between the loops.  Hope this helps!  If not, or you need some pics or clarification, text me at (2235) 380-6707 and I'll try to help.  Good luck and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

Dowels are 1/4" diameter. I added 2 more to my looper because I like a fuller tree and make more of each branch size. Making another since the original was "lost" in a move 4 years ago.
Message 29 of 44
latest reply

I have the original booklet. I can scan it and email of you want one.
Message 30 of 44
latest reply