cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Re: Militaria Collector's Corner

Overall length is about 23-1/2", no other marks, except the name...Austin Carr. Did a search on the name and it turns up as 82nd New York Infantry...Civil War. Additional photo's available. Thanks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 991 of 1,071
latest reply

Hello, We have just received these three WWI Maps. I have done a little bit of research, but I thought I would post them here and see if anyone has anything helpful to say about them, or has an an opinion on how much they might sell for. It seems like they are from the end of the war, possibly the Meusse-Argonne Offensive. They are roughly 35x27 inches. Thank you in advance!

AuctionPros Hemet, California
Sean and Mary Chantler
Message 992 of 1,071
latest reply

I am relatively new to Ebay and have not had the opportunity to list anything else like this item. I listed a Quartermaster's coat in the Militaria corner and had very few views and no bids. Can anyone give me tips on the presentation of the item and perhaps suggest a different category. My listing included a pictures of the full length coat, the stamp inside the sleeve, closeup of the buttons and stars on the collar and the inside lining of the coat. Decription included measurements, color, defects etc. Any help anyone can offer regarding this item would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mary
Message 993 of 1,071
latest reply

Mary,

US uniforms are very common, so even if you do everything right, unless there is something about your uniform that makes it desireable (patches, ribbons, attributed to a specific important person) it might not sell, there are just too many of these still left.

Now the US uniforms I sell are to veterans who threw their uniforms away at the end of the war, but now they want to wear ther uniform to the VFW occasions or to the Veterans day parade,

Problem is that most of the vets aren't the same size that they were 60 years ago.
Message 994 of 1,071
latest reply

I appreciate your thoughts. It sounds like this is not worth relisting. I thought it might be the appearance of the picture of the full length coat. I had a hard time getting it to hang nicely.
Mary Deal
Message 995 of 1,071
latest reply

Not unless it has a rare patch or is an unusually large or small size; or unless it can be attributed to a specific important person.
Message 996 of 1,071
latest reply

Hello!

I've posted this in a few different places and I hope someone can help.

I found this Paul Boye mens military great coat. It's in immaculate condition, no damages anywhere. The label shown is the only one I can find. It weighs a ton!

I would like to know a reasonable price to list it for. I really have no clue if it's even worth much, but it's such a great coat nonetheless.

The pics aren't the greatest, and these are NOT the ones I will use in the listing. Let me know if you need other details.

Many thanks in advance.

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Dr. Martin Luther King
Message 997 of 1,071
latest reply

Possibly French. The company still is in business in France and still makes some military clothing especially chemical protection and camo uniforms.

www.paulboye.com

Message 998 of 1,071
latest reply

Possibly French. The company still is in business in France and still makes some military clothing especially chemical protection and camo uniforms.

www.paulboye.com

Thanks! I found that site and sent them an email, but haven't heard back. I was a little thrown to see they made chemical protection suits, LOL.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Dr. Martin Luther King
Message 999 of 1,071
latest reply

whslavin2
Enthusiast
On 2/08/2008 a pair of Army of the Potomac Civil War gaiters issued to a soldier of the 121st NY Inf Regt was sold on eBay.
I am very interested in this item and would like to speak to the buyer or seller
Message 1000 of 1,071
latest reply

On 2/08/2008 a pair of Army of the Potomac Civil War gaiters issued to a soldier of the 121st NY Inf Regt was sold on eBay.
I am very interested in this item and would like to speak to the buyer or seller

This may help for starters: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/original-u-s-army-of-the-potomac-gaiter
Photobucket
Message 1001 of 1,071
latest reply

I just found your Collector's Corner and was wondering if anyone could help me identify this sword my dad had ever since I can remember.

http://img694.imageshack.us/g/dsc03562qj.jpg/
Message 1002 of 1,071
latest reply

A warning for those who collect WWII German posters. Beware of buying WWII German posters from several Sellers in the UK...especially if they run private auctions to keep buyers from warning each other. The same bunch that peddles the fake German helmets from Latvia has opened new seller accounts in places like Canada and UK after people got wise to their fake militaria.Now they are selling posters that appear to be old, but glow brightly under UV light.
Message 1003 of 1,071
latest reply

Has anyone seen a magazine like this before? Would this have been widely sold? Looks like it's from early in WWII. I love the period artwork on the cover.
Photobucket
Message 1004 of 1,071
latest reply

The photo to the left shows a medal that i picked up at an estate sale, but i have no idea from what military it could be from. any help would be appriciated!
Message 1005 of 1,071
latest reply