cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Re: Militaria Collector's Corner

I'm familiar with Allach but not enough so that I know what the particular plate looks like.

If there is anything in the decoration that exhibits any of the symbols that the Nazi's used then you won't be able to list it on ebay. Also I'm sure if it has any logo or phrases that express Nazi ideology it wouldn't stay on too long.

Possible that someone will come along that can advise you on other venues.
Message 946 of 1,071
latest reply

mesvs
Scout
It is a Airborne patch....Think so
==============================

ilove.jpg
Message 947 of 1,071
latest reply

chrisx999
Enthusiast
sooo
!.) I cant believe that there are no 'militaria' sections in the list of categories
2.) I REALLY cant believe all of the garbage being sold that goes under various 'Japanese/Samurai sword' titles... my mind is boggeled by some of the awful fake junk that I see being sold (mostly from China) that the listers are calling 'antique swords'... I wouldnt use some of these things to open a can of dog food!!!
the qusetion is how are these guys allowed to get away with this
Message 948 of 1,071
latest reply

Remember that Feebay is "only a venue". They can't be held responsible for what their members list for sale. They also can't check the authenticity of every item.

They rely on the membership to "report" fellow members who break the rules. What they don't say is that once reported the seller is considered guilty until they can prove themself innocent. Also Dead World never has warmed to the fact that a substancial ammount of reporting is done by rivals to prevent a bidder from bidding on a similar item. It is the perfect way to eliminate the competition.
Message 949 of 1,071
latest reply

I have a bunch of civil war letters in original envelopes with original stamps. They are in very good condition. Does anyone know how I can get the value of these letters and stamps. I'm afraid to just list them and then find out the stamps, etc were worth more Any ideas
Message 950 of 1,071
latest reply

secgon
Enthusiast
go to southby.or chistiey's.
Message 951 of 1,071
latest reply

If the items have any local significance you can also involve the local county historical society and/or your local university's history department and possibly library.
Message 952 of 1,071
latest reply

Hey
I have at least 35 of these Civil War letters. I posted them on the Collectibles Discussion Board and they suggested I post them here. Just wondering if anyone knows a value or are the stamps worth more than the letters? Thanks
Joanne
CIVIL WAR
Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 953 of 1,071
latest reply

Depending on what they letters are talking about they can be very valuable or valuable only to the family. In that case the envelopes and stamps might have more value.
Message 954 of 1,071
latest reply

Click on CATEGORIES > COLLECTIBLES (scroll Down and to the Right to MILITARIA) > select era you're interested in.
Message 955 of 1,071
latest reply

Not sure what this belt buckle is from.....maybe Navy officers buckle pre WWI?
AuctionPros Hemet, California
Sean and Mary Chantler
Message 956 of 1,071
latest reply

Are there any markings on the back of the buckle or the belt?
Message 957 of 1,071
latest reply

hi everyone.

first off - thanks robin for this great group.

I got my first militaria package from ebay today. two thailand orders of the crown plus shoulder boards 🙂

really happy with it and they look original too which is fantastic.

I must say buiying from ebay is a bit scarey with all the repros, but heres hoping I continue to build my collection while avoiding the bad eggs
Message 958 of 1,071
latest reply

Glad you had a good experience.

It takes practice and some common sence not to get burned here on FeeBay.

Usually if an item looks too good to be true it probably is a fake.
Message 959 of 1,071
latest reply

kirstnj
Enthusiast
Hi all,
I am puzzled by the beret flash/insignia pictured below. The beret is either black or navy blue and the cloth tag inside says F.T.A. and then a last name 141/78 and then 56 below that.

The insignia is a circle with an upward pointed sword in it and an eagle's win ending in a star .

I have no idea what the hat is for so I am hoping you can help! I have pictures but cant figure out how to post them ?:|
Message 960 of 1,071
latest reply