cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

I have a pocketwatch chain with a few medallions on it that say:

gold zur wehr
eisen zur ehr

I translated it as:
gold to the resistance
iron to honour

What was this from? Thanks.
Message 931 of 1,071
latest reply

Just thought I'd share something I came across:

Official Blue Angels Flight Suit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130263579601#ht_500wt_0
Message 932 of 1,071
latest reply

Found this great discussion board after posting to Historical Memorabilia board. Any ideas as to why certain medals, i.e. purple heart, are prohibited from sale. If you tell me that it is subject to the Stolen Valor Act, then why are DSC, DSM, Silver Star, LofM, DFC, Soldier's and Bronze Star (all of which any half-witted trader of militaria knows are higher in precedence) still permitted?
Message 933 of 1,071
latest reply

whiskysix
Scout
You expect Congress to make sense? 😮

- Dennis

--

Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win.
-Robert Heinlein
Message 934 of 1,071
latest reply

From the United States Code Title 18

Sec. 704. Military medals or decorations

(a) In General. - Whoever knowingly wears, manufactures, or sells any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States, or any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, or the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration or medal, or any colorable imitation thereof, except when authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
Message 935 of 1,071
latest reply

cathluvstoshop
Enthusiast
Hello! My husband and I attend a lot of auctions and I try to buy unique collections. Most recently, we bought a box of patches that I thought were all Boy Scout badges. However, I found this patch that I can not identify and someone suggested that it is from the Army. If it is I will add it to the collection I am putting together for my father-in-laws birthday next year (retired Army). I haven't been able to find anything on it. Here is the picture Patch Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Message 936 of 1,071
latest reply

whiskysix
Scout
It looks like a Boy Scout patrol insignia. I'd guess Hawk Patrol or Eagle Patrol, but it could be used for anything with bird feet.

- Dennis

--

Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win.
-Robert Heinlein
Message 937 of 1,071
latest reply

secgon
Enthusiast
this is unit patch for 101/82 airborne unit patch.
Message 938 of 1,071
latest reply

cathluvstoshop
Enthusiast
Thanks guys...it does appear to be an airborne patch, but I think it is a 17th airborne patch from WWII. I've looked up a bunch of different airborne patches (thanks to your info :0) ) and this particular patch looks the most like the 17th patches. Also, it would fit in with the collection I purchased, all around the same time period. Again, thanks for all the help. It will make a nice addition to the collection.
Message 939 of 1,071
latest reply

It is the 17th Airborne Division patch. It was worn with an Airborn flyer over the round patch.
Message 940 of 1,071
latest reply

Any idea if Foreign Postcard packs are any value-not used ?
Message 941 of 1,071
latest reply

ms.limited
Thrill-Seeker
@dove3ducks
depends on which one, can you show some pictures of it?grin.gif
Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Message 942 of 1,071
latest reply

Are they military foreign postcard packs and that's why you posted here?
Message 943 of 1,071
latest reply

I am looking to list an SS Allach porcelain presentation, Julfest plate of one of the rarest years of issue. I want a good price for it, so, should I list it here (can it be listed on Ebay?) or should I go elsewhere and sell it outright. Any suggestions?
Message 944 of 1,071
latest reply

I am looking to list an Allach porcelain presentation, Julfest plate of one of the rarest years of issue. I want a good price for it, so, should I list it here (can it be listed on Ebay?) or should I go elsewhere and sell it outright. Any suggestions?
Message 945 of 1,071
latest reply