cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tried to figure it out. Hope that it worked.
Message 871 of 1,071
latest reply

Sorry about the size, I really thought I had adjusted it!! very embarassed.
Anyway, this dagger has a 9" triangular blade and it approx. 14" overall in length. My reasearch indictates that is a trench fighting or knuckle knife. I saw one that I thought looked identical, went back for another look and couldn't find it again. It had different identifying markings than this one. Mine says on the inside of metal handle- ACCO USA 1917. The other had 1917 but a maker I can't remember,I think it had a 'W". The sheath has what I believe are the letters "MS" on it.Does the marking make a difference in terms of value?
This is a field totally unfamilar and I always like to learn as much as I can. Of course, a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous.
Any info about this dagger and how to value would be greatly appreciated!
Once again,very sorry about the oversize image!
Message 872 of 1,071
latest reply

What you have is called a "Knuckle Duster" it was a trench knife used during WWI by Americans in fighting in the trenches. It was one of the things that helped earn them the reputation as gangsters.
Message 873 of 1,071
latest reply

Thanks for the post! That helped me find more info.
Wow, there are alot of weapons out there in the world.
Message 874 of 1,071
latest reply

I have an item I believe is WW2 related and hope some expert here can help me identify what it may be. It is a rather large triangular piece of off-white cloth upon which is printed the outline of a couple male figures. One is standing, one is sitting on the ground; and it looks like there are instructions on how to do a tourniquet. There is German writing at the top; which is actually printed onto the fabric. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Message 875 of 1,071
latest reply

s7990-a photo would be good.
Message 876 of 1,071
latest reply

I have this vintage photo on auction, but really don't know what type it is, so I could list that by type. Thought if I could identify it, I could sell it to the right collectors.This is the auction number, but don't know how to add the pic here
Message 877 of 1,071
latest reply

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/kashmir31/WW2insignia1.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/kashmir31/WW2insignia2.jpg

Hi- I acquired these 2 WW2 German cloth insignia at an estate sale a couple of years ago, and I was hoping that someone here would be kind enough to help me identify what they are. I've already found this thread helpful and have gone to some of the websites I've seen recommended here, but I'm still having a difficult time identifying the piece on the left in the photo. From what I have found on the internet I believe it is a shoulder board with pip, and it has the RZM tag on the back. I believe the piece on the right is a sleeve chevron. I am hoping someone can confirm if I at least have this info correct (!), or to correct me if I don't. I am also hoping someone can tell me what the 192 on the shoulder board means, and any info on what the writing on the RZM tag means would be greatly appreciated too! With the other piece I'm also not sure if the thread is supposed to be gold in color, or if it would have been silver or white originally and has discolored. I also realize that the shoulder board would not be allowed on Ebay, and that values/prices for items are variable with auctions, but if anyone has any idea of a ballpark value for either of these items I would also appreciate it. I really do not want these pieces myself, and am thinking of selling them on epier.com. Thank you in advance for any help!
Message 878 of 1,071
latest reply

According to the RZM tag on the back of the shoulder board it is Hitler Youth. The chevron is an Army Gefreiter.
Message 879 of 1,071
latest reply

Thank you very much der adler- your info pointed me in the right direction. 🙂
Message 880 of 1,071
latest reply

Interesting item,thanks for posting Dove3ducks
Message 881 of 1,071
latest reply

BUMP! 🙂
Message 882 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi there- I've always had great luck getting info here, sooo I was wondering if anyone had an idea where this jacket is from? it's dated 1967.
Thank you for your time-
Catface
http://www.123imagehost.com/uploads/2492-316-ducks_033.JPG
http://www.123imagehost.com/uploads/2492-313-ducks_039.JPG
Message 883 of 1,071
latest reply

catface-You have a British or Canadian officers battledress uniform. They were styled after the WWII version and very little changed all the way into the 1970s.
Message 884 of 1,071
latest reply

Again, der_Adler1 -Your very generous with your knowledge, I thank you for being so helpful -
Catface
Message 885 of 1,071
latest reply